And then there was one..

quantum

That sucks. I recently played ESPN NFL 2K5 for PS2, and I really liked it, especially when they had all of the alternate jerseys, even the very rare ones. Heck, I even played a few games that had the Cardinals and Dolphins wearing navy jerseys and the Packers wearing yellow. Now that EA is Daddy Warbucks of the NFL gaming market, they could hope fully improve their product. Also, I hope they would finally get rid of that stupid round font they use for the players' names on the back of the jerseys.

Well, enough ranting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they weren't in it to get ESPN... They were in it to get SEGA and Visual Concepts!!! Wow, EA Sports is a dirty, conniving company... And if they keep on putting out kikazz football video games, I will love them for it :lol:

Well, it looks like the leagues are going exclusive-crazy:

http://sports.ign.com/articles/580/580468p1.html

Apparently, MLB is about to go Take-Two exclusive (but allow publishers other than EA to make games) and the NBA is contemplating giving publishers exclusive rights to make certain types (sims, street, etc.)

:wacko:

Here's an article confirming the MLB part.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/582/582293p1.html

I dont get exclusive contracts I think competion is good it keeps prices down and forces better quality as oen tries to top the other this is not good at all.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I dont get exclusive contracts I think competion is good it keeps prices down and forces better quality as oen tries to top the other this is not good at all.

And that's why people want exclusive contracts. It saves them money and eliminates competition.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Well one upside is that there will still be a football game for us PC users!

(well maybe)

Yeah. I guess I'm going to have to get MVP Baseball 2005.

This sucks... MVP was about to/had just eclipsed all the rest as the premiere baseball game franchise.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• 2 months later...
EA adds another for good measure
EA now has exclusive use of college football teams, stadiums, and schools in videogames, and will inaugurate the new licensing deal with NCAA Football 2006, expected this summer.

Well it wasn't like they had any compition there. They were killin the competition in NCAA football.

I've heard that the new Madden and other games as well may be priced as high as $70 now that they are all alone without competition.

Yikes.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I've heard that the new Madden and other games as well may be priced as high as $70 now that they are all alone without competition.

Yikes.

did you see that on the net...if so post the link please :)

Im not doubting you,just want to send it to someone who doesnt believe EA would do that

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Now that ESPN has MNF starting in 2006, they can put the whole package together...Announcers (hopefully still Michaels and Madden), the music, the presentation, pre- and halftime updates, etc. And with 2006 being the first Madden game on a next gen console, it could be incredible. Of course, it may cost you an arm and a leg, but hey, it's only money...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived