And then there was one..

quantum

The price is awful and unacceptable. Games have hovered around $50-55 dollars since way back in NES days. (Although I did pay $69.99 for some baseball game I loved once)

If the market sustains this, it won't be long til somebody is charging us $100 per and then I will cry.

BUT......on the positive side.....Madden looks pretty neat this coming year. A related article on that link I posted says the passing interface will be a little different. The QB (not you the player) but the QB will have to be able to "see" his intended receiver to best complete the pass. Experience and Vision will more heavily factor in now, whereas in the past they were nearly meaningless statistics in a players profile.

This will mostly eliminate the scrambling, underpressure......press the wrong button heave to a guy on the other side of the field and its completed. Something that would be nearly impossible in real life.

And as hard as it sounds......to avoid the rush and "see" the receiver. It will also ALLOW you to look off a receiver for a moment to more accurately...fool a safety for instance.

Sounds cool to me.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't it kind of a bad connect-the-dots to equate a $60-70 pricetag for a game for a system that isn't out yet to lack of competition? Has anyone relased a price structure for the Xbox2 or ps3? Until that happens, the conspiracy theorists should probably calm down a bit.

Do they have the opportunity to raise prices? Sure. But why would they arbitrarily? I think by now EA realizes that would mean death to them as gamers, especially sports gamers, have become demanding value shoppers.

Isn't it kind of a bad connect-the-dots to equate a $60-70 pricetag for a game for a system that isn't out yet to lack of competition? Has anyone relased a price structure for the Xbox2 or ps3? Until that happens, the conspiracy theorists should probably calm down a bit.

Do they have the opportunity to raise prices? Sure. But why would they arbitrarily? I think by now EA realizes that would mean death to them as gamers, especially sports gamers, have become demanding value shoppers.

Only because there was no noticeable difference from SNES to PSONE. ANd no noticeable difference from PSONE to PS2 or XBOX.

They've been flatlined around $50 forever. Its a pricepoint that works.

To some degree I think yes.........they will try to squeak new console titles to $59.99 to see how the market reacts.

But as far as I've heard its Madden thats considering $70. And that would be directly related to trying to recoup the HUGE cash outlay they paid the NFL for exclusivity.

THEY decide to limit our options. And WE get to pay for it. Sweet.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived