Wizards/Bullets Retro Night unis

keynote

they used to wear orange? heh, go figure. i need to check ssur more often :D

Yeah, I had seen old pics of these unis, but I had always thought that they were really red (and that the pics had just faded). They wore these back when Earl "the Pearl" played for the Bullets.

This is news to me, I also haven't ever seen those jerseys before!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I don't follow the NBA so don't shoot me. I think slowly the NBA is running into the problem the NHL had a few years back (and what the NFL has) as to not establishing a home and away standard for the jersey colors. I saw the Mavs wear their alt at home so the away team was forced to wear home whites. I remember the Cavs doing it for the first game that Carmello faced LeBron. For some reason that irks me. Why not do what the NHL did and make color the home so you can unveil all the alts. that you want and teams don't have to travel with both sets of unis? The NFL is just totally out of whack for me to even write about right now.

KISSwall09.jpg

I don't follow the NBA so don't shoot me. I think slowly the NBA is running into the problem the NHL had a few years back (and what the NFL has) as to not establishing a home and away standard for the jersey colors. I saw the Mavs wear their alt at home so the away team was forced to wear home whites. I remember the Cavs doing it for the first game that Carmello faced LeBron. For some reason that irks me. Why not do what the NHL did and make color the home so you can unveil all the alts. that you want and teams don't have to travel with both sets of unis? The NFL is just totally out of whack for me to even write about right now.

the nfl should make it manditory that teams wear the colored jerseys at home and the whites on the road. obviously it will upset the redskins and the cowboys since they only wear white home and away. i like what the nhl did and making it manditory that teams wear color at home and white on the road.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

the nfl should make it manditory that teams wear the colored jerseys at home and the whites on the road. obviously it will upset the redskins and the cowboys since they only wear white home and away. i like what the nhl did and making it manditory that teams wear color at home and white on the road.

Why is that really a problem? Not to hijack a thread or anything, but only a couple of teams do it, and the reasons they do are kind of funny. I see nothing wrong.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

the nfl should make it manditory that teams wear the colored jerseys at home and the whites on the road.  obviously it will upset the redskins and the cowboys since they only wear white home and away.  i like what the nhl did and making it manditory that teams wear color at home and white on the road.

Why is that really a problem? Not to hijack a thread or anything, but only a couple of teams do it, and the reasons they do are kind of funny. I see nothing wrong.

that, and there's 1 game a week so you don't have to lug two jersey sets with you like an NBA or NHL team would.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

mostly, they just wanna show off their new duds to the home crowd. if it's deemed light enough, the visitors have worn their darks anyway (case in point-Suns vs Kings one time). I sort of wish 1) someone other than the Lakers would get a white alternate, and 2) someone other than the Lakers would be allowed to wear a non-white home uniform

2016cubscreamsig.png

there's a lot more parts to a hockey uniform than to a basketball uniform.

it's no problem carrying 3 sets of jerseys to a basketball road trip, because there's no matching socks, matching helmets, etc. just a jersey (which isn't unlike what some players wear as undershirts) and some shorts.

i don't see a problem with this in the NFL or NBA.

going off what I'd expect teams to pack with them on road trips:

NFL-50+ helmets, 50+ jerseys, pants, pairs of socks, cleats, and sets of shoulder pads and other padding, a couple flak jackets depending on who needs em, kicking net, kickoff tee, minor pieces of equipment, trainers' kits, luggage

NBA-12-30 jersey/shorts sets, depending on whether a team has a secondary uniform; players' kicks; armbands, headbands, assorted bands; warmup uniforms; trainers kits; assorted items; starting 5's entourages :D ; luggage

NHL-25-50+ jerseys and pairs of socks, goalies' masks and padding, 25-50+ helmets, players' skates, skaters' padding, 25+ padded shorts, players and goalies' sticks, practice jerseys, trainers' gear, assorted items, luggage

MLB-30-60+ jerseys and hats(depending on whether an alternate exists, and i'm counting coaches and batboys too), 25+ gray (or in Padres' case, khaki) pants, cleats, catchers' gear, gloves, bats, batting/baserunning gloves, coats/jackets, 25+ batting helmets, BP jerseys and pairs of socks, trainers' gear, assorted items, luggage

i think i'm gonna need a bigger suitcase :wacko:

2016cubscreamsig.png

i like what the nhl did and making it manditory that teams wear color at home and white on the road.

I don't. Maple Leafs and others don't look right wearing blue at home. They should be like the Cowboys and wear the classic leaf at home and the modern leaf away.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived