VC to NJ?

Waffles

So in other words, quoth Keith Olbermann, "Mourning Becomes Eclectic."

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Mourning might be a significant draw, although my first response was "Oh no, another Olajuwon."

I wonder how Williams boys would fit into the Raps' new up-tempo style. As long as they don't waste more draft picks on Araujo calibre players, the draft picks should indeed be good incentive.

Ideally Vince would return to his prior glory with the Raptors. Realistically, this might be the best Toronto can do.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY, GOOOOOOODBYYYYYYE!!!

Trust me, you won't be missed, Vince.

Get your non-commital ass outta Hogtown.

We welcome Mourning, Williams(es), and the two draft picks which will help rebuild this franchise.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

He is worth next to nothing now, and thats why there were so few trade options. I dont like that the 3 players we got are over 32, so in the long run they wont last like Carter would have...but we have some hope with the 2 draft pics...if used wisely. All I can say is tomorrows Sun and Star are going to be filled with info this trade...its a big deal over here.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

With respect to Ernest L. Thayer...

"Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright.

The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light.

And, somewhere men are laughing, and little children shout,

but there is no joy in Raptorland --

mighty Carter has shipped out."

On another note... are Toronto fans really this ungrateful? The man who put their city back on the map as far as the US is concerned (not like the Jays or the entire NHL was going to do that) has been riddled by injuries, and cue the stampede off the bandwagon.

Say what you want about Mr. Carter, but the Raptors might be in St. Louis now if not for him (which would be just as well for about 75% of Toronto sports fans). And don't think Mr. mcGrady would've stayed in frigid Toronto forever either.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

ahhh yes....an early christmas present for all raptors fans! ridding ourselves of the the most wasted potential of any NBA player in recent memory. 'Zo should help out Bosh in the middle, and the Williams's's could fit in as nice role players. However the best thing is thouse 2 #1s B)

nets fans, enjoy vince and his plethora of injuries, complaints and "a layup counts as much as a dunk" comments! hes all yours!

I think Tim Thomas would be a contender for most wasted potential, but it looked like it was time for VC to go. he brought it on himself.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On another note... are Toronto fans really this ungrateful? The man who put their city back on the map as far as the US is concerned (not like the Jays or the entire NHL was going to do that) has been riddled by injuries, and cue the stampede off the bandwagon.

Well the stampede off the bandwagon may have occured after he demanded a trade, or once the constant whining on television and radio about everything that goes on with the team started.

The man pouts 24/7.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The whole Vince Carter situation reminds me of the Corey Dillon situation. A good player in a place he doesn't like. While there is so much more to it all, I think a change of scenery will be good for Carter.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

In an almost amusing wrinkle, Alonzo Mourning's declaration earlier that 'considering his health, he only wants to play for a contender', he might decide to not go to Toronto.

Sure, Vince didn't want to stay necessarily, but that doesn't mean anyone else wants to come to Toronto any more.

How will the Williamses fit into the Raptors scheme? If I'm the Raptors, I'm looking to trade Mourning for a mobile rebounder (to take the pressure off of Bosh and Donyell) or a slasher/fast-break threat (to feed off of Rose and Skip).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

"The whole Vince Carter situation reminds me of the Corey Dillon situation. A good player in a place he doesn't like. While there is so much more to it all, I think a change of scenery will be good for Carter."

Not to pick on certain members of this board from a certain state, especially the northern part, but the area concerning "a change of scenery" is that there's a lack of it in East Rutherford. Believe me, I've been there, I should know!

I used to like Vince Carter..for a while, it looked like he'd get Toronto the championship..then he just like..wouldn't shut his trap.

I quit watching the NBA when the Raptors lost in the playoffs two or 10 years ago..however many it's been.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

"The whole Vince Carter situation reminds me of the Corey Dillon situation. A good player in a place he doesn't like. While there is so much more to it all, I think a change of scenery will be good for Carter."

Not to pick on certain members of this board from a certain state, especially the northern part, but the area concerning "a change of scenery" is that there's a lack of it in East Rutherford. Believe me, I've been there, I should know!

Don't fu*k with my state.

Philly ain't full of scenery either. It's full of cold, grey, grime, but not much else.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

"Don't mess with my state."

Hey, almost every comedian does. They also pick on West Virginia (Nine million people, five last names) and Kentucky (see inbreeding jokes).

"Don't mess with my state."

Hey, almost every comedian does. They also pick on West Virginia (Nine million people, five last names) and Kentucky (see inbreeding jokes).

I thought the inbreeding jokes were reserved for states like Alabama, Arkansas and Mississippi....

I saw, I came, I left.

And if you know Canadian postal initals, inbreeding has been joked about with SK.

Archived