Falcons v. Panthers - Best game of the year?

paynomind

Wow.

NFL football is a great sport, and very seldom fails to entertain. I hope you were lucky enough to watch the Falcons/Panthers game tonight.

Lead changes, Vick screwing up, defenses stepping up, Delhomme passing for almost 400y, brilliant take-aways, Vick taking the game in his hands, overtime...

It was a great game. Don?t let the simple, sanitized SportsCenter clips fool you... this was a struggle, back and forth, and exhilarating.

I know I have a great friend around here who is a big Panthers fan... let?s see if he wont agree that the game was amazing.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

game of the year? i'll hold my vote til the last reg. season game is played. game of the week, though? most def. if you love football, this was the game for you-it had everything except a ham sandwich :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

There is not a bigger Falcons fan than myself and it WAS a freakin' awesome game,especially the 4th quarter and overtime and because the Falcons won.However it was not the best game I've seen all year.That would have to go to the Seahawks/Cowboys game two Mondays ago.Before that it would be this one,followed by the Dallas/Pittsburgh game.

98Falcons.png

That was a good game, and taht both temas were palying for something helped, but the last two Monday Night Games have to get consideration too.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I had the pleasure of watching most of the game.

Don't get me wrong, it was intense football from the getgo; the atmosphere of the stadium sounded intensely awesome, Delhomme and Vick were on their A-games all night long, both defenses were stellar, a truly amzing game, from what I watched.

Then it got interesting.

It was 24-10 for Atlanta when I decided to hit the sack, which turned out to be a huge mistake. I always fall asleep to sports talk radio, and fortunately, The Team 1200 was broadcasting Westwood One's coverage of the game. The guys in the booth were going absolutely berserk, hyping the game to its fullest. It sounded like a playoff game (which they kept repeating, also). This made me more envious. I was cheering for the Panthers, because I really want them to make the playoffs, but when all was said and done, I was happy for both teams and the NFL, for providing us all with such excitement.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

wow what a game! a-m-a-z-i-n-g

i seldom will stay up late for TV, but my Panthers had alot to play for.

the game: very intense play for two close teams (4 hr drive) and division rivals. the crowd in the "TurnerDome" was jacked up for a "little brother schooling". i've been to a few of the Panther games in ATL, and the fans like to razz us pretty good, they don't want to hear any of our noise. good for them, they need something to get loud for in that building once in awhile. some sloppy play on both sides, but the big plays made in spite of adversity makes the NFL the best to watch. it's been playoff games for us for the last 5 weeks, lose and plan on missing the real playoffs. even in the after game pressers, coach Mora had very complimentary comments on the game and our team. it was a hard fought game on both sides. with sudden death overtime one mistake can lose the game for you.

the coverage: much better this year. ESPN loves to hype the individuals rather than the team, and did a good job of covering all the ups and downs of both sides. last year it was all Vick (coming back from injury) anbd he did have a good game, but be somewhat partial to the other guys on the field.

outlook: well this hurts, but may not keep us out of the after-season parties. we need help from Sea-town and Green Bay (to keep winning) and Minn and STL (to keep losing), as well as brush off this weeks game and gear up for Tampa and NO the next weeks.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Another thing I just thought of... If this doesn't get Game of the Week on NFL network, then I will officially cut ties with the digital cable company, and begin to watch air cable because it would be a shame for a game like that to go to waste :D

Archived