SD Powder Blues possilby making return....

NYCdog

Get your concepts ready, it appears the Chargers Powder Blues might make a full time return.

Caught this off of Streeter and Smith's Sports Business Daily You may need a password to get in......

Attention Voters: Chargers Will No Longer Train In L.A.

The Chargers in ?05 will hold training camp at Chargers Park in Murphy Canyon, California. The team most recently held camp at The Home Depot Center in Carson, California (Chargers). In San Diego, Jim Trotter notes the move is a result of the team?s ?desire to create a positive environment before a proposed vote on a new stadium in 2006.? Workouts will be open to the public, and Trotter wonders, ?Could the wildly popular powder-blue throwback uniforms be next to return?? Chargers Exec VP & COO Jim Steeg: ?I refuse to comment on the grounds that it might incriminate me. <_< (SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE, 12/17).

NYCdog.png

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

personally, i wouldn't mind a return to powder blue in the color scheme, if it's done correctly. i love the current powder blue throwback, and proudly wear an LT third jersey on occasion... but it's obviously an outdated look.

if they straight bring back the old school powder blues, i don't think it's a smart move... but if they incorporate powder blue, a little navy for contrast, and some yellow, it could turn out very well.

I guess I'm a minority here, but I hate the Powder blue Charger unis. As a matter of fact, I hate powder blue in general. I only hope that if they do go back to powder blue, that it is a new uniform set. There's no need for the numbers on the side of the helmet and a gray facemask. I've seen concepts on here numerous times that blow away their current set of throwbacks. If they do it right, they might be able to pull it off. On a side note: (barring Thanksgiving) Aren't the Chargers the only team whose alternates is a throwback?

KISSwall09.jpg

if they incorporate powder blue, a little navy for contrast, and some yellow, it could turn out very well.

This is where I'd put my money. I like the look the Chargers have now, however with a number of other teams using dark blue as a main jersey color, perhaps they want to move toward a more unique look. By going back to an original team color, they're not exactly deviating from tradition in order to establish an updated, more unique appearance. Hopefully they'll get it right if in fact they do anything at all.

I guess I'm a minority here, but I hate the Powder blue Charger unis. As a matter of fact, I hate powder blue in general. I only hope that if they do go back to powder blue, that it is a new uniform set. There's no need for the numbers on the side of the helmet and a gray facemask. I've seen concepts on here numerous times that blow away their current set of throwbacks. If they do it right, they might be able to pull it off. On a side note: (barring Thanksgiving) Aren't the Chargers the only team whose alternates is a throwback?

Technically, the Redskins still have that spear-helmet uniform at their disposal; they call it a "classic" uniform. Of course, they haven't worn it this year, but it's still "official".

ya, well most of us chargers fans love the powder blue throwbacks, and would love to see them return full time. :P

NO POWDER BLUES PLEASE! :cursing: If they are winning with what they have now, why bother changing anything? The more changes the Chargers make (personnel or other) the worse they get.

Reall? Cause it seems they've made a lot of personnel moves and yet just won the AFC West Title. Perhaps I'm missing something here.

I will attest to the fact that San Diego sports has things backwards. The Padres in San Diego have made a point the last 10 years of making mostly positive PR moves. The Chargers have been just the opposite. Yet the Padres have been losers (even this year they barely finished above .500) and yet the Chargers come out smelling like roses (although a One and Done in the playoffs could change that).

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

NO POWDER BLUES PLEASE!  :cursing: If they are winning with what they have now, why bother changing anything? The more changes the Chargers make (personnel or other) the worse they get.

Reall? Cause it seems they've made a lot of personnel moves and yet just won the AFC West Title. Perhaps I'm missing something here.

Did they have a bunch of personnel moves over the past year? I'm not sure I don't follow the Chargers. :therock:

I saw, I came, I left.

I'd rather not see the powder blue eeither. I prefer what they have now. Powders are fun as a once-a-year uniform, but I think there time has passed.

But if they do go to power blue--PLEASE DON'T PUT THE NUMBERS ON THE HELMETS! The numbers on the helmet is the worst part of that uniform.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't remember who did it, but I saw a concept on here that would be perfect. It was mostly powder blue, but had a lot of navy blue in it as well. That would be slightly-Titans-ish except there was also enough yellow to offset it. It was a great combination of old and new - anyone remember who did that? it was great.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Ugh, please, no. No no no.

If they're going to go with powder blue as the primary colour, though, they need to add some contrast to those jerseys, because the powder blue with the washed out yellow just looks horrible.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'd rather not see the powder blue eeither. I prefer what they have now. Powders are fun as a once-a-year uniform, but I think there time has passed.

But if they do go to power blue--PLEASE DON'T PUT THE NUMBERS ON THE HELMETS! The numbers on the helmet is the worst part of that uniform.

I agree with this post exactly. I really like the chargers current set-up and the powders are great once a year to mix it up.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

if they want to add collegiate blue back to the scheme, i think it should be as small as this: you know that outline between the numbers/bolts and the yellow outline around them? its navy on the home jerseys and helmets, and white on the away jerseys? i think if they made that collegiate blue, so the home numbers would be white/coll blue/yellow and the away numbers navy/coll blue/yellow, it would look great, but there is nothing wrong with the current uniforms. also, i think the bolt on the shoulder should be the same as the one on the helmet, as picky as that is.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think Dan Reeves doesnt like it, thats why they dont wear it.

funny, I didn't know Dan Reeves was coaching this year :D you hear anything about that Joe Gibbs fella coming back? :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived