SD Powder Blues possilby making return....

NYCdog

Get your concepts ready, it appears the Chargers Powder Blues might make a full time return.

Caught this off of Streeter and Smith's Sports Business Daily You may need a password to get in......

Attention Voters: Chargers Will No Longer Train In L.A.

The Chargers in ?05 will hold training camp at Chargers Park in Murphy Canyon, California. The team most recently held camp at The Home Depot Center in Carson, California (Chargers). In San Diego, Jim Trotter notes the move is a result of the team?s ?desire to create a positive environment before a proposed vote on a new stadium in 2006.? Workouts will be open to the public, and Trotter wonders, ?Could the wildly popular powder-blue throwback uniforms be next to return?? Chargers Exec VP & COO Jim Steeg: ?I refuse to comment on the grounds that it might incriminate me. <_< (SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE, 12/17).

Gentlemen, start your barf bags!

:puke:

QPR%20Sig.png

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I'm a minority here, but I hate the Powder blue Charger unis. As a matter of fact, I hate powder blue in general. I only hope that if they do go back to powder blue, that it is a new uniform set. There's no need for the numbers on the side of the helmet and a gray facemask. I've seen concepts on here numerous times that blow away their current set of throwbacks. If they do it right, they might be able to pull it off. On a side note: (barring Thanksgiving) Aren't the Chargers the only team whose alternates is a throwback?

i agree, i hate any variation of light blue as a primary. i wouldn't mind the chargers unis if navy was the primary and powder blue was a trim.

gold and light blue are colors that are good as trim but is ugly as hell as primaries. except for brewers gold seen on the brewers logo on CCSL.

personally i like the dan fouts era charger unis the best.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

NO POWDER BLUES PLEASE!  :cursing: If they are winning with what they have now, why bother changing anything? The more changes the Chargers make (personnel or other) the worse they get.

Reall? Cause it seems they've made a lot of personnel moves and yet just won the AFC West Title. Perhaps I'm missing something here.

Did they have a bunch of personnel moves over the past year? I'm not sure I don't follow the Chargers. :therock:

yep. they made alot of good moves

to all u powder blue haters, realize one thing- we chargers fans want it back, numbers on the helmet and all!

i will never inderstand people like Moser316 and ICS who hate retro for the sake of hating retro. that is no better then liking retro for the sake of liking retro.

as for those who who dont want the powder blues back because they just dont like the colour, well i can respectivly disagree with you, but once again, we chargers fans want them back full time.

I'm all for bringing back the Collegiate Blues as long as it could be a modernization of the old ones. Like a lot of the others, incorporate Navy Blue as an accent color, and please, please, PLEASE lose the helmet numbers. I'm also for coming up with some sort of secondary logo - to put on the sleeves, or at least for marketing purposes. I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of having the Chargers' helmet used as their "logo" all the time.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of having the Chargers' helmet used as their "logo" all the time.

trust me, as a chargers fan, im upset about it to. for as long as they use their current uniform set, ive thought the lightning bolt alone was the logo. its used as the logo on tsn (so i assume espn in the us of a) and nfl.com. its fox and cbs that for soem odd reason use the full helmet.

now im all for the chargers returning to the powder blues full time as they are (no updates). however a yellow bolt outlined in black is a pretty weak primary logo. if they return to powder blue, imo they should use one of the following logo edits as their primary logo:

sdch3.gif

this is simply a recolorized version of their current mid-field logo, and imo would make a decent primary logo if the chargers went back to powder blue.

or

sdch2.gif

i simply took the logo the chargers used when the powder blue was in use full time and replaced the old wordmark with the only thing i like about the navy colour package- the new wordmark.

Put the old LA Chargers shield on the shoulder or sleeve. And the numbers on the helmets are cool. It's collegiate, and it helps the players remember which helmet belongs to who.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

OK...so Icecap79 - you want the throwbacks as they are...no changes.

But the throwbacks that they're using aren't even the right COLORS...so what should it be - the way-too-light Blue, and way-too-light Yellow, or the actual correct color shades that were much darker?

OK...so Icecap79 - you want the throwbacks as they are...no changes.

But the throwbacks that they're using aren't even the right COLORS...so what should it be - the way-too-light Blue, and way-too-light Yellow, or the actual correct color shades that were much darker?

imo the colours that they use now for the throwbacks are better then the original.

to all u powder blue haters, realize one thing- we chargers fans want it back, numbers on the helmet and all!

i will never inderstand people like Moser316 and ICS who hate retro for the sake of hating retro. that is no better then liking retro for the sake of liking retro.

as for those who who dont want the powder blues back because they just dont like the colour, well i can respectivly disagree with you, but once again, we chargers fans want them back full time.

I would appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth. Don't tell me what I like and what I hate, I'm perfectly capable of stating my own opinion and backing it up.

Once and for all, I would like to state my official position on this topic: I don't mind seeing the powder blue uniforms once a season. That's perfectly fine with me. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The past is a great place to visit, but you don't want to live there. Also, you have to ask yourself: why do the powder blues have any sort of novelty? Because they only wear them once a year. A full time switch would completely nix any sort of novelty they currently have.

The fans can want them back all you want, that's your right. By the same token, it's management's right to turn a deaf ear and do whatever the hell they want. Deal with it, and move on with your lives...

QPR%20Sig.png

Sharky, shutup.

The overwhelming majority of football fans and Charger fans (the ones that actually count in this whole thing) Want the powder-blue back. It should be back.

It just looks better. There is no large philosophical thing behind it all. It just looks..... a whole hell of alot better.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Also, you have to ask yourself: why do the powder blues have any sort of novelty? Because they only wear them once a year. A full time switch would completely nix any sort of novelty they currently have.

I attribute a significant portion of the popularity of the Broncos current orange alternate uniforms to this very phenomenon.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

wow, how did I miss that post in November, thats when I was gone alot, but Shark i like that idea of the white outline on the shoulders in Fouts era colors like what you did, I was gonna try a concept like that a while back.

p.s. I still love it when they break the powder blues out every once in a while.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived