Proposed New Winnipeg Stadium Pics

Lee.

"Well, it is outside the city limits, about a mile or two west of Winnipeg. It would be located adjacent to Red River Exhibition Park (the fairgrounds), and Assiniboia Downs (the horse track). There's also an auto mall, but I hate those things so I don't mention it if I don't have to."

[Kenny Blankenship]"Ass-iniboia! Ha-ha!"[/Kenny Blankenship]

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Looks pretty cool, but does that hotel seem a bit small?

(It's in Winnipeg--it may be too big! :D )

(This feels so close to making Saskatchewan jokes... :D )

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

:D Well makes sense that the bombers would play somewhere that looks like a giant toilet... ahh that felt good...

as for the stadium it self it looks good aside from the toilet seat... location wise i havent been to the peg in years but damn did i have fun at that track so easy what you say about it sy.... but i think on the whole... the cfl is on the move again... who would have thought it after troubles the league have... new stadiums in Peg and T-dot... possible expansion to the east coast... the riders doing a huge face lift to taylor field over the next 4 years... record attendences... makes you proud to be a CFL fan again...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

location wise i havent been to the peg in years but damn did i have fun at that track so easy what you say about it sy....

Quit hitting on Lamicus' grandma! Even if she does have more teeth than the average female Saskatchewanite.

I fear this would become Winnipeg's Olympic Stadium... a monolithic memorial to poor planning and wasted tax dollars, sitting out in the middle of nowhere.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

out in the middle of nowhere.

Doesn't that describe most of Manitoba & Saskatchewan?

:D:D

Hey same for Alberta too I guess, and actually a lot of Canada...

:D

I like their current stadium, unless it's not feasible to update & renovate it, why go elsewhere--especially if government money is used...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

:D Well makes sense that the bombers would play somewhere that looks like a giant toilet...  ahh that felt good...

as for the stadium it self it looks good aside from the toilet seat... location wise i havent been to the peg in years but damn did i have fun at that track so easy what you say about it sy.... but i think on the whole... the cfl is on the move again... who would have thought it after troubles the league have... new stadiums in Peg and T-dot... possible expansion to the east coast... the riders doing a huge face lift to taylor field over the next 4 years... record attendences... makes you proud to be a CFL fan again...

This coming from a fan of a team whose GM added black to their color scheme to match their QB corps...

BUT ON ANOTHER NOTE, I like the concept but if it were up to me, I'd put it at the University of Manitoba, building right over Pan-Am Stadium there (not much of a stadium, really, but what do you do? There's parking galore in U-Lot, enough space to build this entire thing, the Bisons and the Bombers can play in Canad-Inns until contruction is completed, and a shared facility like this would certainly use more dates than a CFL-specific building. The only good thing I could see coming from building at the Ex grounds is that it might spur the EX to become a more than once-a-year facility, maybe put in some permanent attractions (like a goddamned decent rollercoaster), and start building things up.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

location wise i havent been to the peg in years but damn did i have fun at that track so easy what you say about it sy....

Quit hitting on Lamicus' grandma! Even if she does have more teeth than the average female Saskatchewanite.

The eerie thing about this comment, young Philip, is that my Grandma is actually in the cemetary across the Trans-Canada from the track.

You sick fluffs.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived