Hooray! The AP has some sense!

WJMorris3

Yeah... who knows when some lunatic will come out with his nonsensical ravings and actually compliment you... <_<

Yeah right Sy--what are you smoking? :D

But now you made me laugh--so...

Better one!!! :D

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

If it says AP, it has to be true, right? (O&A fans should get that reference)

I can do nothing but applaud the actions of the AP. They have decided to step up and fight back against a flawed and corrupt system.

We are closer to a playoff than ever. There is still a long way to go, but the message is getting there, and the AP helped by making this first step.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

wdyt_photo3_75x97.jpgThis is a real shame because without the AP's inclusion in the BCS formulae, there is now a risk that future BCS championship matchups will result in possible debate about who should be playing whom. I would hate to see the BCS system become subject to criticism or dispute as a result of this decision.

Five words about this:

DIVISION.

ONE.

A.

PLAYOFFS.

SOON!

Halleluah!

Five more words . . .

It's

Never

Going

To

Happen

There is simply way too much money involved to do anything to eliminate or even greatly manipulate to bowl system. The NCAA will never give serious consideration to a system wherein 56 schools get to play a postseason game that is guaranteed to generate huge sums of money for their conferences. The closest thing to a playoff that might ever happen is a four team, post-bowl playoff that might use the present 4 BCS games as "first round" matchups to set the four team field.

Archived