Hooray! The AP has some sense!

WJMorris3

I don't understand how their would be any less money in a system where all the other bowls remain, but you have the 8 'BCS' teams play in a playoff, with the first round games taking place where the Orange, Rose, Sugar, and Fiesta Bowls would. If anything, it adds 3 more games, and would bring in people who refuse to watch college football because of it's crappy postseason system.

edit -- what I was saying is pretty much the same as what Yale was saying in his post. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

Five words about this:

DIVISION.

ONE.

A.

PLAYOFFS.

SOON!

Halleluah!

Five more words . . .

It's

Never

Going

To

Happen

There is simply way too much money involved to do anything to eliminate or even greatly manipulate to bowl system. The NCAA will never give serious consideration to a system wherein 56 schools get to play a postseason game that is guaranteed to generate huge sums of money for their conferences. The closest thing to a playoff that might ever happen is a four team, post-bowl playoff that might use the present 4 BCS games as "first round" matchups to set the four team field.

if the AD's,presidents,and bowl organizers had any common sense,what i would do is use the same playoff format that they do is use the same fomat as they us in DII (20 teams 16 + 4 w/ 1st rd bye) 11 automatic 9 at-large,and as far as the bowl games are concerned,i'll keep them around for the team that has a winnig record but did not qualify for the playoffs so that everyone wins,that's my opinion,what's does anyone think ????

Archived