Biggest Sports Story of 2004

JamesCraven

What was the biggest sports story of 2004?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's pretty safe to say that no one outside of England (or wherever else they follow cricket) cares about that winning streak

maybe, saintsfan, what's the talk aroudn in England about the cricket side winning? there isn't really anything about it in Australia. Just a few news pieces here and there.... a bit more recently since they have got the 8 game record (don't celebrate till you win 17 in a row!) and now it is Cricket season over here....

Its kind of strange but I think cricket has been losing popularity steadily for maybe 20 yrears, so its not created the kind of excitement it could have. Also 7 of the victories this year have been against one of the worst west indies teams ever, so you have to be realistic as to what it means.

Doesn't look like the streak will go beyond 8 anyway! England havd a bad day in day 1 of the next test against South Africa today.

And the Aussies are still a street ahead of England IMO. If McGrath and Warne got injured for the Ashes nexyt year we might stand a chance, but other than that I wouldn't back againsyt Australia just yet.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

It's pretty safe to say that no one outside of England (or wherever else they follow cricket) cares about that winning streak

maybe, saintsfan, what's the talk aroudn in England about the cricket side winning? there isn't really anything about it in Australia. Just a few news pieces here and there.... a bit more recently since they have got the 8 game record (don't celebrate till you win 17 in a row!) and now it is Cricket season over here....

Its kind of strange but I think cricket has been losing popularity steadily for maybe 20 yrears, so its not created the kind of excitement it could have. Also 7 of the victories this year have been against one of the worst west indies teams ever, so you have to be realistic as to what it means.

Doesn't look like the streak will go beyond 8 anyway! England havd a bad day in day 1 of the next test against South Africa today.

And the Aussies are still a street ahead of England IMO. If McGrath and Warne got injured for the Ashes nexyt year we might stand a chance, but other than that I wouldn't back againsyt Australia just yet.

we hada plop first day as well yesterday, Pakistan got 6/318 at stumps...we dropped a few chances but the ground is all new, new grass, it is now flat across the ground and new drop-in pitches....from close up on TV te grass looks crap but from far away it looksjust fine

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I have NO idea what youse guys are talking about... :wacko:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

1. Bertuzzi

2. Danton

3. Heatley

I may be the only one, but i only concider the Bertuzzi hit to be a "Hockey Story" the rest were Entertainment TOnight stories of what hockey players were doing off the ice.

Yeah, but its still involving hockey players, or.....

You win this time. :D

Red Sox World Champions, Red Sox World Champions, Red Sox World Champions, Red Sox World Champions, Red Sox World Champions, Red Sox World Champions, Red Sox World Champions, Red Sox World Champions, Red Sox World Champions, Red Sox World Champions, Red Sox World Champions, Red Sox World Champions...

Do I need to tell what was my vote? :lol:

(God, it's nice being a Red Sox fan).

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived