Pacers and Pistons wearing throwbacks

DEAD!

Hmm. Those Pistons jerseys are, um, different... :blink:

(Sure hope they're not selling too many of those.)

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

the jersey by itself isn't worth writing home about. basically, the shorts make this pistons jersey go-they rule....they gonna be killin em :hockeysmiley:

and Phila, to answer that these were the pre-Isiah homes.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

those pistons unis are nice. imo they should use 'em full time to make the connection between the pistons and the lightning (both teams are owned by the same guy).

But then, why not have the Lightning have a horse on their unis? I'm glad he keeps them separate.

I like how they've made the horse from the teal era into a red-and-blue secondary for the team now - I hope they keep the current unis.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

those pistons unis are nice. imo they should use 'em full time to make the connection between the pistons and the lightning (both teams are owned by the same guy).

But then, why not have the Lightning have a horse on their unis? I'm glad he keeps them separate.

I like how they've made the horse from the teal era into a red-and-blue secondary for the team now - I hope they keep the current unis.

u can incorperate lightning into a uni for a team named the pistons and stay with the theme. u can not, however incorperate a horse into the unis or logos of a team named the "lightning" without it making no sence at all.

Right, that fact that it made no sense was my point. If there's a way to add lightning without making the jersey/logo more complicated, fine - but the only way I can see it would be making things more complex, and the NBA doesn't need more complexity in the unis than it already has.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Those Pistons' unis were in vogue when Dickie V, baby was coaching the Pistons. He was fired early in the 1979-80 campaign, the worst in franchise history, and headed to ESPN shortly after that. Those uniforms must have brought back bad memories for him.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Those Pistons' unis were in vogue when Dickie V, baby was coaching the Pistons.

Oh you can't be serious! Those are crazy jerseys baby! The kids wearing them today weren't even diaper dandies! I saw some at a local store here. Actually the dark navy blues, which made me wonder if the Pistons were going with these, like they would with a PTPer!

I think that's all the Dick Vitale catchphrases I can think of, and yet I don't even watch college basketball. :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

i like the pistons throwback, but the whole lightning thing is kinda off in regards to the team, unless its represents the spark from a spark plug (perhaps?). the pacers throwbacks are ok, i think they should have gone with the flo jo design, cause that was one of the best unis in history.

u can incorperate lightning into a uni for a team named the pistons and stay with the theme. u can not, however incorperate a horse into the unis or logos of a team named the "lightning" without it making no sence at all.

didn't the chargers used to have a horse in their logo somehow, or am i imagining things? i know if they did then the horse was hanging out with lightning in some way, shape, or form.

I would like to know why the NBA can not coordinate home and road retros with the home and away teams. Why have the game in Indiana but have the Pacers in the road retros while Detroit in their home retros?

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

Those Pistons' unis were in vogue when Dickie V, baby was coaching the Pistons.

Oh you can't be serious! Those are crazy jerseys baby! The kids wearing them today weren't even diaper dandies! I saw some at a local store here. Actually the dark navy blues, which made me wonder if the Pistons were going with these, like they would with a PTPer!

I think that's all the Dick Vitale catchphrases I can think of, and yet I don't even watch college basketball. :P

Well I was thinking of buying more than one, and on the inside all I heard was "the Trifectah baby! " so I bought three. Then I saw a Terrell Owens jersey and some fat guy next to me seeing my conflict yells, "Get the TO baby, get the TO!". OK i think that's it :D .

Howard1.jpg

didn't the chargers used to have a horse in their logo somehow, or am i imagining things? i know if they did then the horse was hanging out with lightning in some way, shape, or form.

I believe a "Charger" is the horse that a knight would ride into battle (don't know 100%, but I think this is the derivation of the nickname.) IMO the horse is actually a more fitting logo for the 'Bolts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"Did the Pistons really wear these, and when did they wear them? (besides yesterday)" :P

Yes. From 1978 to 1980, their first two years in the Pontiac Silverdome.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived