Reggie White dies of heart attack

VandyDelphia Mike

You can make fun of whitey, but no one else....

Well, it's only fair, John.

He shoulda' beat the Royals in '85 and the Twins in '87.

Okay, joking aside, I always admired Reggie White as a football player and believed him to be a decent, loving man who was secure in his faith and sincerely wanted to do good. He'll be greatly missed on a number of levels.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quantumfreak, I hope the Packers find it okay to retire the number on the road.

I think it's only appropriate for the Eagles and Packers to retire the number at the same game, which would be next year's Eagles-Packers game at Lincoln Financial Field.

Works for me. Maybe they will do a league-wide tribute that week.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The Andrea Kramer report on SportsCenter today really changed the way I thought of him. She said he hadn't been to church in four years, and that he had realized most of his beliefs as far as religion go were based on what other people told him, and not from his own personal experiences. He was learning Hebrew in an attempt to read the scripture without the spin and translation so he could decide what they meant for himself. I hope that he was able to find closure before his passing.

i know this may be trival but how is Brett Farve gonna take this considering what he has been throught off the field in last 12 months

favre died off the field in the past 12 months?

holy plop, where have i been?

yes.

trivial.

and dumb.

i know this may be trival but how is Brett Farve gonna take this considering what he has been throught off the field in last 12 months

favre died off the field in the past 12 months?

holy plop, where have i been?

yes.

trivial.

and dumb.

you misunderstanding what im saying,what im trying to say is that how Farve gonna take his ex-teamate's death,cosidering that he has to deal with the death of his dad last year,the death of his brother in law,and finding out his wife has breast cancer that's what i say

i suppose i did misunderstand.

but this is about reggie, not brett.

i know,but i wasn't trying to make it about Brett I was trying to ask a simple question about how Brett was gonna take it considering what he has been through the last 12 months

i suppose i did misunderstand.

but this is about reggie, not brett.

i know,but i wasn't trying to make it about Brett I was trying to ask a simple question about how Brett was gonna take it considering what he has been through the last 12 months

I think Brett already knows what he's going to do. Reggie's death is probably reinforcing his timetable for leaving the game.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

what im trying to say is that how Farve gonna take his ex-teamate's death,cosidering that he has to deal with the death of his dad last year,the death of his brother in law,and finding out his wife has breast cancer that's what i say

With his track record and my luck, this will all inspire him to beat the crap out of the Bears next week.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Quantumfreak, I hope the Packers find it okay to retire the number on the road.

I think it's only appropriate for the Eagles and Packers to retire the number at the same game, which would be next year's Eagles-Packers game at Lincoln Financial Field.

Works for me. Maybe they will do a league-wide tribute that week.

I fully agree that the Eagles and Packers should hold some type of ceremony for White, and the Panthers can for the cup of coffee he had with that organization. But I don't see why the WHOLE NFL would need to have some type of ceremony at every stadium on the same weekend. He was a great player, but a lot of great ex-players die every year.

One of the most ridiculous statements you hear whenever someone dies is... " No on I spoke to had anything bad to say about fill in the blank" Of course no one has anything bad to say about him, it's just plain bad taste and rude to the grieving family to say anything bad of someone who just passed away.

Reggie White was a great Eagle and Packer this I can attest to first hand because I watch football, and from what I hear he was a great humanitarian this I can not attest to first hand but I hear enough stories to believe it to be true. However he does NOT hold a special place in the hearts of most football fans in Buffalo, Cincinnati, Detroit, Atlanta etc....

Let's not create some ideolic icon that is an untouchable myth of a man.

Archived