UConn Helmets

JetsLuvver

They just changed manufacturers again this season...dunno who made the jerseys last year (seeing they changed them up for the opening of Rentschler Field), but this year, they're by Nike.

I've seen some around....might be time to take a trip over the UConn Co-Op...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Last year UConn's football uniforms were made by Aéropostale. This year they're made by Nike. The are a few subtle differences, mostly in the nameplate lettering. When UConn's logo was redesigned a few years ago they went from using the San Jose Sharks/Team Canada lettering (on the basketball jerseys) to a modified version of Armada (think NFL Network graphics) for everything. The football team had used Armada for the nameplate lettering, but now Nike uses a thin serif block font. I think they also added a double outline around the numbers, don't know for sure.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• 11 months later...

Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but UConn Nike replica's are finally available. They were on Eastbay early in the season, but are gone now. The Co-Op on campus probably has some.

Now if Nike could make a decent basketball replica, sans mesh, the world would be a greater place.

One more thing. It's National Flag Blue, not UConn blue. :P

I'm pretty sure I've seen the replicas in the Co-Op this year. As far as the uniforms, I haven't heard any complaints from anyone here on campus. I think they look very sharp, and much better than the Giants inspired look we used to have. Saw pictures of those the other day in one of the shops around Storrs, being used in a game at the stadium here on campus. It looked pitiful, I felt pretty bad for the guys wearing them.

We are one!

Archived