work related project

fiasco!

i haven't posted a concept on here for a long time, but i thought i'd share something i just finished for work.

comments? appreciated

critiques? appreciated

cravenisms? who?

AG-35b.gif

this is for a contest for my company for their 35th anniversary logo to be used on printed materials at our annual conference.

the green color signifies Jade, as the 35th anniversary is the Jade Anniversary.

edit:

just for yale, white background:

AG-35c.gif

I like the idea of using jade, but in all honestly it looks like something you put together using Clip and Word Art in MS Word.

seriously?

Not saying you did that, or that it's bad, but I know in Word they have that background multi-pointed star available in clip art, and the arched text like that can be done in seconds with word art.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

But Chris, you should've seen the ones he made to get to this point.

I stand by my original statements, Joel. It's fine work. Don't let the comments of some Beatles-worshipping megalomaniac stop you.

You make MS Paint look good, my friend, stand proud.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

But Chris, you should've seen the ones he made to get to this point.

I stand by my original statements, Joel. It's fine work. Don't let the comments of some Beatles-worshipping megalomaniac stop you.

You make MS Paint look good, my friend, stand proud.

So was I supposed to honestly critique it or not?

---

Chris Creamer

a critique is fine, but to say something like this looks like wordart or clipart is a pretty low blow.

but, as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

sigh

This is why I don't comment about people's designs...

I never said it was ugly, I never said I didn't like it.

But if you open up Word, you can do something similar in there in seconds. Blame Microsoft, not me.

If you didn't do this in Word, then that's pretty impressive, but it's not my fault they developed that feature in that program, I simply know that it's available.

---

Chris Creamer

There's a lot of green there, and I'm not so sure it hasn't been overdone. I really like the inclusion of jade as a symbolic color, however I'm wondering if the inclusion of some complementary colors rather than the multiple hues of green might give the logo a bit more pop. If you're going to use a starburst for a background, I think you want more pop.

because of the pop disscussion...I'm going to the gas station down the street for some refreshment now...

Joel I like it. Its simple and it has POP! Although I never would have guessed the Jade referece...I thought it looked like the dolphins.

To which joel asked me if it looked like it had exploded.

To that I replyed, Exploding Dolphins?

Mmm..diet pepsi...

I quite like it, although I see Chris' point. I think that much more could be done here.

Actually I figured it out, this reminds me of one of those 'POW' or 'BLAM' signs you would get in the 1960s batman.

Also I think add a bit more color to the jade, it looks a bit washed out to me.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think somebody needs a hug!

But really Joel, the starburst has got to go. I like the wordmark, it's just the damned starburst. I dig your stuff Joel, not in a man-on-man sort of way, I'm talking about your work. It's just that damned starburst stumbling block.

CGP.gif

AG-35c.gif

You created the 'jade' feeling very well. It looks like carved jade... well done.

However, there's something about it that isn't sitting well with me...

The up/down perspective has me baffled. I'm looking up at the 35 and the first part of Anniversary, but looking down at the end part. Yet, the left/right perspective remains constant.

It gives the text a twisted appearance. It's actually a bit uncomfortable to look at... Im fixated on the depth & shadows rather than the message itself.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived