Pittsburgh field concept

JetsLuvver

Can't go with all Steelers and ignore Pitt because the Stadium is built on the land where Pitt's old stadium once stood. Pitt still owns part of the property. Their logos aren't going anywhere.

That said, the NFL doesn't allow any team logos but its own trademarks on the field of play. That's why you don't see the configuration in the concept. The NFL would require that those logos be painted over before the Steelers could play.

Can't go with all Steelers and ignore Pitt because the Stadium is built on the land where Pitt's old stadium once stood. Pitt still owns part of the property. Their logos aren't going anywhere.

Pitt Stadium was razed to make way for the Petersen Events Center, where the Panthers now play basketball.

Heinz Field was built adjacent to the old Three Rivers Stadium site. Where Three Rivers stood is a parking lot now, flanked by Heinz Field and PNC Park.

Not really sure where the University of Pittsburgh has a stake in the ownership of the professional sites in town ...

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

How about this: Just put Pittsburgh in bluish-black with gold outline in the endzone, and leave the 50 yard line unmarked. Then everybody would be happy, at least that's what I think

Pontiac Silverdome - yes iknow it was named after Pontiac the company but the company is named after Chief Pontiac.

FOrd Field - named after the ford company, which is named after Henry Ford.

Heinz Field - named after the ketchup, which is named after Heinz who created Heinz Ketchup.

McNichols Arena in colorado

Joe Louis Arena in Detroit

since we are on this. i don't mind a corporate name if it is done right. like Ford Field, yes a corporate name but the name is after someone who invented the model t and created the Ford MOtor company. so naming a feild after him is fine.

its when arenas get named the Target center or American Airlines Arena where it gets absurd.

owners do this so they can pocket more money, and it doesn't even help bring down prices whether it be ticket, parking or vending price. i don't want to see Lambeau Field be turned in to UPS stadium or Kmart Field.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

your not getting the question so forget it all you are doing are naming public funded stadiums (where the city pays for upkeep) that are named for people. I am asking for privite funded stadiums (where a company pays for the upkeep) that is named after a person. YOU CANT NAME THEM BECAUSE THEY DONT EXSIT

YOU CANT NAME THEM BECAUSE THEY DONT EXSIT

Turner Field was privately financed for the 1996 Olympic Games. And out of curiosity, is this topic driving you to the point of insanity? Your caps and broken english give me the impression that you are trashing your house out of frustration as you ask your questions. :wacko:

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Can I note that the Pirates play on Roberto Clemente Field, if I remember correctly?

If you're talking about the Pittsburgh Pirates, then no. They play at PNC Park, another publicly financed stadium in which naming rights were sold to Pittsburgh-based PNC Bank.

As for Heinz Field, it, too, is a publicly financed stadium. Therefore, i'd guess it's a public entity not owned by either team, though I can't say for sure.

The H.J. Heinz Co. bought the naming rights for $57 million just prior to the stadium's opening. I recall at the time that it was a bit of a contentious issue, not because folks wanted it named after Rooney, but because new stadiums in other cities got much more lucrative naming rights deals.

And since we're on the naming rights issues, I give kudos to the folks in Cleveland for sticking to Cleveland Browns Stadium.

Pontiac Silverdome - yes iknow it was named after Pontiac the company but the company is named after Chief Pontiac.

The Pontiac Silverdome is so named due to the fact that it's located in Pontiac, Michigan (northwest of Detroit)

Can I note that the Pirates play on Roberto Clemente Field, if I remember correctly?

If you're talking about the Pittsburgh Pirates, then no. They play at PNC Park, another publicly financed stadium in which naming rights were sold to Pittsburgh-based PNC Bank.

No, they play on Roberto Clemente Field much in the same way Duke plays at Cameron Indoor Stadium but on Coach K court.

Pontiac Silverdome - yes iknow it was named after Pontiac the company....

It was called the Pontiac Silverdome because it was located in Pontiac, Michigan, not becuase of the Pontiac Car Company.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Was your plan here to show both options, i.e. if the Steelers are playing, Steelers and NFL logos across the board, and vice versa for the Panthers. If this is the case I like the idea. Otherwise I think it's a little busy. Still a good piece, however.

your not getting the question so forget it all you are doing are naming public funded stadiums (where the city pays for upkeep) that are named for people. I am asking for privite funded stadiums (where a company pays for the upkeep) that is named after a person. YOU CANT NAME THEM BECAUSE THEY DONT EXSIT

Dude. Your wrong.

There have been privately funded stadiums named after a person, you just don't get the answers to your question.

No, they play on Roberto Clemente Field much in the same way Duke plays at Cameron Indoor Stadium but on Coach K court.

I lived there for five years, worked across the street from PNC Park, even walked the field there, and never once heard it referred to as Roberto Clemente Field. The stadium is, however, adjacent to the Roberto Clemente Bridge.

Maybe that's what you're referring to?

Archived