An inaccuracy repaired?

Sodboy13

While wandering through Marshall Field's on State Street in Chicago on my lunch break today, I came across a rack of Reebok "Authentic" Bears Urlacher jerseys. Now, it's been well-documented here that these "authentic" jerseys are basically just high-end replicas, and are not without their faults. The Bears' authentics have been a special kind of fraud, since the number font on the sleeves is wildly inaccurate. But there, on that rack, there was one - and only one - authentic jersey with the proper, thicker number font on the sleeves. I have no idea if this means anything, but it left me wondering if Reebok has finally fixed the error of its ways. And if it hasn't and this jersey is just a production "fluke," why don't they do the rest of the jerseys properly?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Reebok uses several different sources to customize their jerseys. If you saw this one at Field's on State Street, you probably saw it in the Wrigleyville Sports Section. This mini-store is an offshoot of their main store across from Wrigley on Sheffield. To make a long story short, Trey, the owner of Wrigleyville, uses Exclusive Pro Sports to number and letter all of his authentics. I know I have mentioned this before, but Terry at Exclusive is the only one I have have found who consistently does jerseys correct with excellent quality. I own over 300 authentic jerseys and Terry has customized them all. Also, Terry does most of the work from Reebok including the NFL catalog work. However, as I mentioned, Reebok also uses other sources including some offshore stuff which is crap

Reebok uses several different sources to customize their jerseys. If you saw this one at Field's on State Street, you probably saw it in the Wrigleyville Sports Section. This mini-store is an offshoot of their main store across from Wrigley on Sheffield. To make a long story short, Trey, the owner of Wrigleyville, uses Exclusive Pro Sports to number and letter all of his authentics. I know I have mentioned this before, but Terry at Exclusive is the only one I have have found who consistently does jerseys correct with excellent quality. I own over 300 authentic jerseys and Terry has customized them all. Also, Terry does most of the work from Reebok including the NFL catalog work. However, as I mentioned, Reebok also uses other sources including some offshore stuff which is crap

Yeah,Terry did my first authentic Falcons' jersey for me and actually HE'S the one who told me and 'taught' me everything I know now about jersey making and customizing,especially the tackle-twill aspect of it.He let me in on all I would need to do and was totally unselfish about anyone else 'learning the trade'.I recommend him to anyone wanting to get a jersey customized.

98Falcons.png

Terry is the best. Like I said, I have over 300 authentics and Terry is the one who has customized them all. We have been doing business together since 1993. His work is second to none and he is the most knowledgeable sports retailer I have met. He understands the importance of getting the jersey done right. For example, I had order some Blue Jays jerseys from him last year and he and I were trying to figure out the exact customization colors on the road. The first try was incorrect and he recustomized the jersey correctly for free. That is how awesome he is as a person and business man.

Archived