Atlanta Thrashers Concept

Shmee

Thanks to everyone who's given me feedback so far, whether it be tearing my design apart, praising my godliness, or giving me some helpful pointers.

I recognize some of the problems that people have with the designs, especially since the Thrashers franchise is a young organization with relatively young players.

I really like their current designs, I think they have some very unique and awesome jerseys, it's just that lately I've been on a retro kick. I figured that the Thrashers just might be the most difficult team to throw into the past because of the complexity of their designs, and was looking for a challenge.

And the awesome isn't really meant to sound like I think my design is the best thing ever, I just thought it flowed nicely with the rest of the topic heading. And I'm proud of these, so there. :D

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

OK, to clarify...

I never said that the Thrashers were a bad franchise. Nor that it wasn't a good idea to do a retro concept with them. In some cases, it works (i.e. recent Coyotes jerseys).

But this one just doesn't work for me. Maybe it's the creamy yellowy-white instead of plain white that makes it look like it's been kept up in the attic for 50 years. Or the weird texturing on the thing. Remove those two, and you sir have a solid jersey.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

I really like what you are doing here. My only suggestion would be to maybe bring the shoulder color further down the arm a little, kinda like a blend. Also, if you are going with a faux retro, maybe a more subtle letter font. Maybe what the Flyers use, for example.

Don't let any of this take away from what you have though. Again, I think this is really cool.

I'm very happy with the way these turned out. Yes, the away jersey is cream colored. No, there is no white anywhere on either uniform except for Roger's tag.

Any feedback is entirely appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to look and respond.

thrashers.gif

Great Job. I love the way you made the logos look like they are patches, looks awsome and so real. Maybe if you changed the # font it would be an A+++ :D

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Nice.

Always though the Thrashers suffered from too-many-color-itis disease that affects so many expansion teams these days, to the point where they clutter everything up so much that it isn't immediately apparent what the primary color is until you see a close up of the player.

Archived