NHL Heritage project

Discrim

and now, a couple other long-awaited versions...

the Blues, using some ranger-style lettering and a style similar to those one-year wonders, the St. Louis Eagles

stlouisheritage.gif

the Kings, using the angry king and the late 70s-80s design

kingsheritage.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

After a space of a few months...I am elated to finally let the people of the CCSLC know that the Heritage Project is...

DONE!!! :woot::hockeysmiley:

Skating to a locked-out arena near you, the final five...

Vancouver Canucks...original style w/V on sleeve, and the logo I'd done a while back and finally used

vancouverheritage.gif

New Jersey Devils...black's been done, so I broke a rule brought back green to serve as the main color. the striping is similar to the old home striping, and the yoke is that of the current duds. the NJ by itself on the yoke is an element borrowed from the Rockies days

devilsheritage.gif

Buffalo Sabres...I figure Sabre fans wish I had waited til this one to break my color rule and brought back blue and gold for them, but THAT's been done, and a red one would have looked too similar to the current alt.

buffaloheritage.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

and now the last two...

Carolina Hurricanes...I figure Karmanos wanted teh Canes to look as much like the Wings as possible, I'm just doin him the favor :D I kept some Canes flavor with the storm flags, but my attempt at making a true hurricane flag flopped so I kept the logo as is.

carolinaheritage.gif

and last but not least, the Washington Capitals...I couldn't help myself, the X-line is so much better than the regular logo IMO. part inspired by the olden days, and though I brought back the stars under the number, I took a slightly different approach, as you see.

washingtonheritage.gif

this kicked ass...til the next project, THANK YOOOO!!!!! :notworthy:

2016cubscreamsig.png

Question.... why wouldn't Washington be red white and blue for this projest? Just a thought.... other than that this is some of your best work....keep it up.

I wanted to stick with the current colors, which is also why the Sabres jersey isn't blue and gold. I was gonna try to stop myself from bringing colors back from the dead, though I wasn't entirely successful, as mentioned below...

tHESE ARE ALL NICE JERSEYS EXEPT THE DEVILS. GREEN?
There's only one reason I broke my color rule for the Devils-a black one would look like everybody else's black Devils jersey...okay, so there's a second reason-I was too lazy to do the Scouts yoke, and if I had gone that route I would have stuck with red w/black and white trim and dumped green. I may go that route in the future though.

btw caps lock...i figure you notice by now but just lettin ya know

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 1 year later...

heh, it's been a while since I seen some of these :D one thing aint changed, though: that Rangers sweater hasn't aged well, though I didn't really figure I had any other options back then. Shoot, I realize later that I coulda used the New York Americans style, however that would make almost no sense, even with teh Liberty crest.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived