Nationals BP Cap

KennyRock

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Everyone agrees"... seriously, we don't. These blanket statements are far from accurate.

That's why I prefaced it with "JUST ABOUT," ignoramus. You conveniently left that part out of your quote, and turned it into a "blanket statement" on your own. From the posts that I have read on this board combined with all of the baseball fans I have discussed this with in the DC area, I would say it's at least 3 to 1 in favor of the DC logo.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Nationals "Inaugural Season" Logo now available

Sports Logos.Net

Looks like the artist's computer was one of the few who caught the Y2K virus. :P Actually, I can see some point in seeing why they would put "EST. 1905" on the logo, seeing that is when the original Nats team began play. However, the side that wonders why the heck they did that since this is a new team that won't began play until next year, they would put "EST. 1905" on their logo. If there was any appropriate date to put on the logo, it would either be the first year the Expos began play (since this is basically the old Montreal franchise that moved to Washington, DC) or, which it should be, "EST. 2005". Then again, it should probably just say "INAUGURAL YEAR".

Well, enough ranting.

"Everyone agrees"... seriously, we don't. These blanket statements are far from accurate.

That's why I prefaced it with "JUST ABOUT," ignoramus. You conveniently left that part out of your quote, and turned it into a "blanket statement" on your own. From the posts that I have read on this board combined with all of the baseball fans I have discussed this with in the DC area, I would say it's at least 3 to 1 in favor of the DC logo.

didn't try to change your words... even put your whole quote right above what I said, so everyone could see what an 'ignoramus' i was. :) still, even with your highly scientific "3 to 1" estimate under consideration, i beg to differ that that equals "everyone," "nearly everyone" or even "JUST ABOUT everyone" (did I get the caps right?)... but I guess that depends on your definition of "JUST ABOUT"... doesn't it?

I prefer "Rebirth", "Resurrection" or "Reincarnation" to "Inaugural". Rebirth is probably the most palatable, but I like Reincarnation best. I would have a phoenix with a bald eagle head rising from the Capitol Building or RFK Stadium. I guess having the phoenix rise from an Expos logo would be in bad taste.

Are those 3930's on sale online anywhere?

I haven't seen any, but there are some New Era Nationals caps available with the DC logo.

1_107.jpg1_107.jpg1_107.jpg1_107.jpg

What moron in the marketing department thinks selling caps with embroidery THE SAME COLOR AS THE CAP is a good idea?

That design has apparently worked well in the past for other teams.

Funny. I always see these types of hats (along invariably with either (a) the kind where they put the team name diagonally across the visor and the cap, a/k/a the 'racing stripe' model, and/or (B) the camo model) in the mark-down sections.

nav-logo.png

For the life of me, I don't understand why so many of you would rather have a DC on the cap instead of a W.

The team is called the WASHINGTON Nationals, not the DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA Nationals. It just makes sense, then, that one would use a W instead of a DC. Especially when you're using the classic old Senators' W.

I skimmed through the responses after post I am quoting, and was surprised that nobody touched on the "real" reason why there is such a push for "DC" to be part of the logo.

NOBODY who lives in the Washington DC metro area, calls the city itself Washington. It's known throughout the region as "DC".

Visitor to area - "Let's take the Subway to Washington to look at the monuments."

Local - "Let's take the Metro to DC to go to the Mall."

grc

yanks_sig.gif

Are those 3930's on sale online anywhere?

I haven't seen any, but there are some New Era Nationals caps available with the DC logo.

1_107.jpg1_107.jpg1_107.jpg1_107.jpg

What moron in the marketing department thinks selling caps with embroidery THE SAME COLOR AS THE CAP is a good idea?

That design has apparently worked well in the past for other teams.

around here, giants hats in those style are extremely popular.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now igoring that user!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived