49ers fire Erickson, GM Donahue

IronChefShark

Well if this didnt happen then something was wrong the 49ers need allot of help and tehy eed to start at the top, actually they need owners too but first things first they need to find good NFL people to rebuild this team, I say they should bring back Carmen Policy Dwight and Clark to run the front office and let them go from there..

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I saw on the 49ers website that they want a winning coach with NFL experience. I can't think of too many around at the moment, so I am wondering if they are gonna go for a Bucs/gruden style trade type thing for someone?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Carroll has said that the 49er job would be a "dream job" however, if Leinart comes back to USC, I don't see why he shouldn't stay. I'm guessing Pete is asking for a contract extension soon. Besides, why go if you can go for another National Championship as opposed to an 8-8 record in the NFL at the very best?

Likely, any coach with NFL experience that York was mentioning would have to be Tennessee's Jeff Fisher or Seattle's Mike Holmgren (pending if Seattle loses Saturday.) There have even been ramblings about Steve Young coming in. But Young has said he would only come back to the 49ers if he gets a piece of the team. If none of those work out, you're likely going to see former Ravens offensive coordinator and former 49er backup quarterback Matt Cavanaugh take over.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

not to defend ericsson which i won't, but the niners had the talent of a 2-14 team. no owens, no garcia how did ericsson expect to win. im feeling that ericsson was the scape goat of managemental malpractice.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

not to defend ericsson which i won't, but the niners had the talent of a 2-14 team.  no owens, no garcia how did ericsson expect to win.  im feeling that ericsson was the scape goat of managemental malpractice.

That's not true at all. All the guys they got rid of in the off-season, Terrell Owens is the only one who really did anything with his new team. The 49ers have the talent to be better than 2-14... and if not for the conservative playcalling, they would've been better than 2-14.

You mention Jeff Garcia? Tim Rattay played better than Jeff Garcia in the time he played last season, and he played as good as, if not better than, Garcia this year.

And Tank, I think failed is a bit harsh of a term for somebody who made it to the playoffs in 2 out of his 4 seasons in the NFL, going atleast .500 in 3 of those seasons, having followed Bill Parcells who leaves teams in bad shape, I believe.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived