Rangers spring training logo

Diablo de Tejas

I'm guessing we won't hear any A's fans complaining about the colors.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Spring Training is a great vacation. I visit the Tampa, FL area each March and it's just a short drive from the Yankees (Tampa), Phillies (Clearwater), Blue Jays (Dunedin), Devil Rays (St. Petersburg), Pirates (Bradenton), and Reds (Sarasota). Plus there's some of the best beaches in the United States on Florida's gulf coast, while average temperatures are in the high 70s, low 80s (F).

As for the recolored logos, i'm pretty sure there's been a yearly kitschy scheme that every team follows, judging by some of the merchandise I've picked up over the last few Springs.

I personally like the look. I would have liked to see different icons for each logo, specific to the area of florida/arizona. Example: those near cape canaveral (sp?) have the space shuttle launch. or just different icons instead of all skiing chick. Maybe an old retired shirtless dude getting a tan! :)

This might only be temp till it gets colored differently, but the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim have once again illustrated how different they are:

pGCNjZn4.jpg

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I have never noticed this. Guess cause I am in Philly I don't see/notice this. Obviously for teams that feature green in their color palettes, this is cool.

As for every once else.....it's looks like a billboard from a Tennesee Williams play.

Archived