2005 World Logo Poker Tournament

Puckguy14

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think concepts should be submitted anonymously. You don't know other people's hands until the end, you only bet strong if you think you have a good hand. If stuff is shown, don't show whom they belong to.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think concepts should be submitted anonymously. You don't know other people's hands until the end, you only bet strong if you think you have a good hand. If stuff is shown, don't show whom they belong to.

I am referring to the fact that I want to see my finished concept to see if I personally think it's good enough to wager so much.

I agree, they should be submitted anonymously.

teh incentive is that if you are so confident that you will get a piece of the pot, you bet higher. also note: you may change your bet or submission within the time alloted to get the best opertunity to win.

Aren't you just winning your own money back then? I think the house or some junk should have to match all the bets or something like that. If not, I could just bet low and take everyone elses and never risk losing my own.

Couple of things that have been asked:

1) Betting will be done on the thread itself, no PMs.

2) I was going to wait until we got to event #1 but anyways, you will bet first (3 day limit, then bets are locked) then "reveal your hand"

3) Per a suggestion by GMac: If you wish, you may challenge or make a "sidepot" with another person at the "table". The one-on-one match will be another way to rack up chips. If you do go with a sidepot, you will split the amount of chips you bet into the regular pot and the sidepot. In the sidepot, which must be ok'd by both parties prior to voting, the person who gets the most votes take ALL chips in the sidepot. For example if both Participant A bets 200 and want to do a sidepot with Participant B, 100 will go to the regular pot, the other 100 goes into the sidepot.

Strategy will be key on here. This tourney is to make you think (dare I even say that), strategize, and be extremely creative.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Frenchie déclare sa participation!

I'll probably be one of those who join only a few specific ones as my free time is getting smaller and smaller wvery week that passes.

But I won't be a chicken, knowing that I won't play all hands, I'll throw in more chips.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

i've spent most of today trying to learn Poker, and these 'hands' bussiness,

so my understanding is there is a task to do for each week, and have one week to finish it, that is all i quite understand, so where to the bets and points come into it?

> The winner (top vote getter) will receive 50% of the chips. 2nd Place will get 30%. 3rd Place will get 20%.

so if you use 100 chips, and come first you get 50 back, and have 950 to use in other rounds, if you come third you get 5chips back, but if you can only go in 50's, how do you use the chips you win back?

i can't work out 30% of 100 so i used third instead of second

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

ok, so inorder to participate each week you need to 'bet' at least 100chips, right, i get it now, so 'bet' 100 'chips' each week and your guaranteed to get to week 10, and after that you really must have won a week in order to keep going

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I'll join your little game. I have one question, even after the explaination, I don't see any incentive for betting more than the minimum. Is there one? Please explain.

You want to have the most chips at the end of this Competition. If you feel you'll have an edge on any single contest (say ticket design) then you would probably feel comfortable betting more.

It's just like poker...you want the most, so you bet more when confident enough of your hand (or design).

I'll give this a whirl, so, count me in. I'm no where near as good as some in here, but my ideas seem to be on par with many. now, I just need to practice on the execution part of it all. this'll do nicely for that, and be fun to boot.

[AD - NCFA] Arctic University Kodiaks (5-1-0, CONF 0-0-0)

[Owner - NABA] Arctic Menace (18-12)

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

Aengre, said it for me. If there is one event you are so confident that your "hand" can win, you are going to bet it all. The reason I don't have set up to matchup any bets, is the fact that a "Super Designer" like Avenger and Nitro and AAO and Nick for example, can max out and then everyone would match. Numerous amounts like this can quickly eliminate the number of people "at the table".

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I'm jumping in way over my head but I have sat back and enjoyed watching all you guys compete for so long, I think it's time to step up and try my luck. Now's a good time too I don't have to spend all my time updating my Fantasy Football League Website and no Fantasy Hockey this year to take away my attention.

I guess this was my long winded way to say.....

I'M IN IT TO WIN IT!

Archived