Baltimore Orioles Redesign Concept

AAO

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, no, a thousand times NO!! For a new team without a traditional look, these would be very nice (except the side stripes and grey stirrup/black sanis, that is). For the Orioles, however, these just do not look right. Maybe I am letting my rooting interest get in the way, but the Orioles are not a team that should/needs to adopt a radically new look. Now that they have ditched the Angelos-inspired (?) black script on the home unis and the piping around the collar and buttons, they have the look just about right (just (1) replace the new style "fun bird" -- the team's name for it, not mine -- on the sleeve with the old swinging bird from the old circle logo and (2) lose the "O's" alt hat).

All of that having been said, I always appreciate your willingness to go way outside the box in designing uniforms. Baseball may be the sport where designers seem most locked into relying on the old standards, so that is noteworthy. Your skill in logo drafting (correct word?) is also amazing, even if I don' t think this one suits the team.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived