N.Y. Giants Logo concept...

P.I.L.L.

UPDATED... 6-02-06

NyGiants.jpg

The NY Giants are often referred to as The "G-Men"... and although their current NY logo is ok, it's ordinary, ( a recycled emblem from the 50's or 60's) Anyway, this one's back from another reconstructive surgery... The CC helped alot, THANKS ! ~CJ

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you look carefully, it's an abstract silohette of a football player w/ his arm and fist curled to form the "G"... the top part of the G is his shoulder pad, and subtle outlining of helmet above that ... yes, it's a stretch... but it's essentially proportional, and simple B)

perhaps the football player is too abstract for some... but overall the G and the logo shape is what matters most...

I agree.

Problem is, there is a little too much of something that makes it look weird if you can't see the player.

My suggestions would be to either make the player more obvious, or to focus on the flying G.

you should really consider using some of the templates available on this site...

your abstract shapes being pasted on top of blurry photographs doesn't lend itself to professionalism.

The hidden player thing isn't working for me, although I kind of like the fist. Looks like something that would work fine for an XFL team, but a bit of a stretch for the NFL. I like the white one better than the red, but I'd have to see a full uniform concept to really decide.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't see how the logo is "xfl" ?... the subtle football player "abstraction" is an extra... as the main focus is the "G" being formed by a curling arm... and I'm working on making it look more like an arm... and fitting the football again to bring out the player / arm , but any more and the design would end up being cartoony and busy, looking something like the old Patriots logo...

XFL-ish is the same thing I thought when I saw it. It's a good idea, but it just doesn't look like an NFL-quality logo. I think part of it is that the G isn't consistent, it's different widths all the way around, it curves in some areas and bevels in others. And the two little motion...thingies, I dunno, XFL-ish.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

please tell me this wont turn into the Nationals fiasco.

hey! don't bring me into this.

actually, christos, i kinda like this one. shows some promise. i noticed the abstract player right away.

maybe integrating the helmet into the G a little more would do a little better. (meaning, dropping the helmet silhouette and elongating the G a little while just adding the facemask to the top curve of the G). or maybe not.

just a thought.

good idea.

Archived