N.Y. Giants Logo concept...

P.I.L.L.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point I am trying to make is this. The reason that it is xfl-ish is not because of what you are doing. It is because of what the Giants have done. You wanna make that a shoulder patch, even a logo on the collar where the wordmark goes, you can get away with that. As a primary logo, it's just a different team.

If you told me that was for a new team, like the "Gladiators", or the "Goobers" or whatever, daddy you run that.

Again, I like it.

I again appreciate your efforts toward creativity. The notion of a football player's arm curled into a 'G' is a good, though probably more suited to an alternate logo than a primary.

What I don't like about this is that little football helmet. It looks way too much like clip art uncomfortably slid behind your "g". It really stands out and looks odd. I'd either remove it entirely or rework it into the concept. But i'm leaning toward trashing it.

Overall, I like the idea behind this concept. Upon first glance, I immediately knew that it was supposed to be a football player's arm in the form of a "G" with his helmet in the background. But I can also see where some people may be confused with the motion lines and thick border covering most of the helmet. I think most people have been referring to the logo as XFLish because it seems that there is a lack of "cartoony" or "hidden meaning" logos in the NFL. The abstract-cartoonish version of the arm is probably what reminds people of the XFL. Many people might not accept it as a helmet logo, but it'd make a great secondary logo with some tweaking.

C/C on the logo: Please don't add an actual football! This would just clutter it up too much. The laces you have now are perfect and do just the trick. The motion lines look good for the overall "G" but also seem a bit awkward. What about thinning out the borders around the "G", perhaps adding a different color shadow or some sort of break color inside the "G" to replicate the shoulderpads and the arm and then tinkering with the player's helmet a bit to fit in better with the rest of the logo.

• 1 year later...
you should really consider using some of the templates available on this site...

your abstract shapes being pasted on top of blurry photographs doesn't lend itself to professionalism.

over a year has passed, and my opinion has not changed :)

Archived