Jason McCartney

goalieboy82

i must get that book

for those that don't know, Jason McCartney was a AFL footballer for the Kangaroos, at the end of the 2002 season he went on a holiday to Bali, unfortunately he was in Paddy's Bar in Bali when the terrorists bombed the place, he was left with burns to most of his body.....about 6 months later after training very hard, made a remarkable comeback in the Kangaroos frists and almost kicked the winning goal....after the game he announced his retirement

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

• 2 weeks later...

Much to the disgust of a few Bali survivors Channel 9/PBL have a TV-Movie in pre-production (it might be ready for this year) based on Jason McCartney's book.

They bought the 'film' rights not long after the book was released.

I'd expect it to be similar in production values to the movie Channel 7 made of Stuart Diver and the Thredbo disaster.

I hope they use the real vision of his comeback game though, not some cheesy, acted version... the way that game went was like a movie

I'd expect it to be similar in production values to the movie Channel 7 made of Stuart Diver and the Thredbo disaster.

Yeah I suspect the same, which is unfortunate. It's such a great story but these TV movies always turn out cheesy as hell.

I hope they use the real vision of his comeback game though, not some cheesy, acted version... the way that game went was like a movie

One of the most amazing moments I have ever witnessed from my lounge room. It was such a fairytale game all round.

Archived