Kansas Jayhawks Basketball Court Concept

ezreiter3

Hey guys,

If you guys pay any attention to college basketball I'm sure you have seen KU's massive Jayhawk at center court in Allen Fieldhouse.

Current Court:

CurrentKansas.gif

While I think it is okay, I have always wanted to improve it. Thanks to Michael J. Rudolf's field template site and LogoServer.com I want to present my idea for a new Kansas Jayhawks court.

NewKansas.gif

C & C appreciated

P.S. I know the .gif is a little grainy, it was done in Paint and with IrfanView

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

I really don't see a whole lot of improvements to be honest. The only thing you did that I can see is change the "Kansas Jayhawks/Allen Fieldhouse" back to the old style and shrink the 'hawk down a bit. As for the Big XII logos, the court in real life has them in the places you put them. I too have thought of improving the court, mainly because it looks too modern for the 50 year old fieldhouse. I wonder what it would look like with a center court design similar to that of the Indian Pacers(circle with team name with "P" inside)? Conseco Fieldhouse combines the oldstyle feel with the modern look probably the best from what I have seen.

I am glad that you eliminated those stupid Jayhawks in the blue sidelines, they can't be seen with all the message boards surrounding the court anyways.

KUHawks.png

I have heard that KU will be putting in a new court next year, but that the big Jayhawk will be returning. This will probably be a part of the university wide branding effort that is taking place. The good news is that Kansas will establish guidelines for logos and the colors used by the university both in academics and athletics (eg. basketball and football use completely different shades of blue), the bad news is the same company that did the Oregon U. redesign a few years ago will be the same one doing KU's. The Jayhawk will not change though.

I really like what you did. The smaller logo looks a ton better. The only thing that I prefer more on their actual court is how the 'James Naismith Court' is the same color as the hardwood, rather than white.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived