Randy Johnson number

mjrbaseball

For the record, Arod has less errors, better fielding percentage, better career range factor, and more Gold Gloves than Jeter. Jeters best year fielding was this past year when he just happened to play to the left of who? ARod. He won the Gold Glove because who wasn't playing short anymore? ARod.

To say Jeter is a better SS than ARod is ridiculous. It also proves who the real team player is, ARod. He moved from a position he was the concensus best at, so the "Captain" would be happy. The "Captain" should be thinking about the team, not himself.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

They are both good SS I think A-Rod is better suited for the move to 3rd then A-Rod iof it was a move to second that would work for Jeter, but I thinks its fine with A-Rod at 3rd and Jeter at short. Neither were hacks in the field last year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I heard the reason Bernie wears 51 is for Puerto Rico in support of statehood if they ever become a state they wil be the first 51st state.

First 51th state???

And who is the second candidate to be the 51th state?

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

After watching RJ at his press conference and what happened yeaterday, I foresee a huge flop for the Yankees. If he can't handle a reporter in January, how is he gonna handle them when he loses a game during the season.

Welcome to the fishbowl Randy. For Georges sake, I hope you bomb. Looks like just another example of why a group of all-stars can't win it all.

semperfi.gif

Typical Oriole fan!

RJ don't care about reporters and how they treat him, what they write about him. RJ lives in his own lil world so to speak. He's an eccentric person who likes to do things his way and goes out and does it. He's proven several times beforehand that he has no problem pitching under pressure. What changes that now?

The only bomb you'll see will occur in the initial 4 weeks of the season when Baltimore falls so far behind both NY and Boston (and maybe even Tampa..how sad is that?) in the satndings that the team will be looking to trade stars for prospects come June.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

The only bomb you'll see will occur in the initial 4 weeks of the season when Baltimore falls so far behind both NY and Boston (and maybe even Tampa..how sad is that?) in the satndings that the team will be looking to trade stars for prospects come June.

I highly doubt that the Orioles will be trading stars for prospects. That would just be a step backwards. Trust me we will retain our position of 3rd place with the team we have.

That would just be a step backwards. Trust me we will retain our position of 3rd place with the team we have

Well that's optimism if I ever heard it :P

3rd place = No Postseason

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

Johnson has never dealt with everyday, in your face, win or nothing attitude of Steinbrenner and the NY meadia before. MOntreal? They didn't know they had a baseball team. Seattle? They were happy to win anything. Houston & Arizona? See Seattle.

NY is a whole new experience, even for a guy in his 18 season.

semperfi.gif

Good points although I'd disagree about his time in Arizona for two reasons:

1. He, even when Curt was there, was the undisputed #1 and if he didn't win games, nobody else could be relied upon to do so. That's pressure.

2. His performance in the '01 series, especially considering the just past 9-11 tragedy, was extraordinary. Ift aking the mound against a NY team that the entire country, even yankee haters, felt would and should win the Series, isn't pressure, I don't what is.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Good points although I'd disagree about his time in Arizona for two reasons:

1. He, even when Curt was there, was the undisputed #1 and if he didn't win games, nobody else could be relied upon to do so. That's pressure.

2. His performance in the '01 series, especially considering the just past 9-11 tragedy, was extraordinary. Ift aking the mound against a NY team that the entire country, even yankee haters, felt would and should win the Series, isn't pressure, I don't what is.

1. On teams that aren't expected to win, there is still no pressure whether you're #1 or not.

2. '01 was exceptional. But being on the favored team from the city with the tradgedy is where the pressure lies. Not with a team that was 4 years old and just happy to be there. When you are not expected to win there is no pressure. Pressure comes from the fear of letting people down.

In no way am I questionoing his ability to pitch as an underdog. But when you are now the number 1 on the prohibitive favorite, in the world's largest media fishbowl, with baseball's most demanding owner and fans, that's a whole new dynamic he has never in his whole career had to endure.

semperfi.gif

Archived