Australia and New Zealand football

IronChefShark

just like before...  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

now we go to the bottom of the world, where our north american brand of football is allegedly winning over quite a following.

both these countries have national teams, and I used thier actual nicknames for the teams too. But I assure you guys that the logos are all mine

Australia - My concept for the Outback definitly has that Green Bay Packers or for you CFL marks, Edmonton Eskimos vibe. I almost decided on mettalic gold over the yellow gold, but the Outback really use the yellow gold and I wanted to keep some similarity. As far as I know, thier actual helmets have a plain green southern cross constellation on them (I could be wrong though) so I decided to put a green A there with the constellation over it. the stand alone constellation is on the sleeves. I used drop shadow Rams numbers here as I felt it fit the scheme.

australiaFootball.gif

New Zealand - I thought the logo that the team used when they were known as the Haka was cool, and I almost used it. However I ended up sticking with thier new name, the Iron Blacks. They actually have a silver fern on a black helmet, but I decided to arrange the fern so it kinda looks like wings, sort of like the Philadelphia Eagles or to a lesser extent, the U of Michigan Wolverines. The actual uniforms are pretty basic, but here I used tapering striping that has a fern shape, and went with Tennessee Titans numbers. This is one of my favorite concepts in this set.

newzealandFootball.gif

Archived