Cincinnati Reds Logo Concept

AAO

For the Reds, i went with the Cincinnati skyline and a different ball than the other logos, finally. But, I don't know if i should go with a dark red/regular red/silver color scheme, or a black/red/silver color scheme, personally i like the two tone reds. Any other suggestions would be appreciated:

RedsLogos.gif

id make the skyline match more, pnc building, carew tower and scripps howard building are all off. for reference click here.

Otherwise this is very nice. I like how it is all worked in together, although the wordmark is a bit too strong.

I like the one without the black. It is unique.

However, I don't know about using the skyline. Cincy does not really have anything like the Seattle Space Needle or something that everyone would know.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Otherwise this is very nice. I like how it is all worked in together, although the wordmark is a bit too strong

thanks...and thanks for the reference as well. and yea i did make the wordmark stand out the most because, well, what is a red? its not a skyline, and the name is unique to Cincinnati, so i emphasized the 'Reds' more than anything else.

I like how you've decided to use Cincinnati's skyline. I know they might not have a space needle or a nationally-recognizable building, but Cincy does have some of the oldest skyscrapers in the country. However I have to agree that it needs to look more like the actual skyline. Did you consider somehow incorporating a bridge or two? That might make it more recognizable. Worked for the Mets.

the red and black one has more contrast, and looks stronger to me...

but the 2-tone red has potential, if you change up the tones slightly.

make the bright red brighter, like more of a pure 255 red, to give more contrast. maybe go with a darker maroon as well.

I agree with some of what was said above:

I favor the one with the two reds, but the red/black logo seems to "pop" better visually.

Either a) increase the contrast between the two reds or B) use another third color on the bevels and for subtile shading (maybe a small amount of black, grey, or silver?)

Just my 2 cents worth...

BTW: I like the skyline a lot.

I really LOVE the ANGLE of the the skyline... towering high above, as well as the shape /feel of the logo. However, the ball seems to weigh it down a little... either hide a bit more of the ball underneath or make it grey? like the outline... and quit using the same stitching ! :rolleyes: otherwise it's my favorite of yours.

thanks guys...its not the same stitching, its an entirely different baseball, the stitching before tapered off at the sides, these are like rounded rectangles. And ok, so I should darken the dark red a little and make the regular red brighter. Sounds good to me, i'll have edited versions up later in the day.

I agree that the skyline idea doesn't work too well with Cincinnati. I like how you rendered it, but I just don't think it works as part of a logo for the Reds. Also, the letters seem a bit too spaced to me. I think with a team with only four letters in the name, the letters may look better close together but wider? Just a thought.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree with what coleDMD and jws008 said as far as the black and red having more pop visually, but the toned reds being more unique. Just make sure to have more contrast. Although I personally like the black red and silver better. :) I do like the visual movement of your design. The way the skyline and lettering have an upward and inward slant defintely leads your eye in a good way, but maybe the ball does make it seem a bit bottom heavy. i do like how "reds" is the focal point, as it should be. Good work!

Thanks Ben. So I'll reduce the size of the ball, and ill probably toy around with the wordmark's bevel lines on the sides. And i'll try to work with the two tone and make the dark red darker and the regular red brighter. I would do it right now but i'm at school.

Archived