Introducing the Southwest Michigan Devil Rays

KJTALBOT

The Battle Creek Yankees have become the Southwest Michigan Devil Rays.

For the full story with logo go to http://southwestmichigandevilrays.com.

"Michigan?s newest Class-A affiliate, the Southwest Michigan Devil Rays, will be incorporating key elements from the Tampa Bay Devil Rays color scheme and logo into their own in 2005.

The most noticeable element of the logo is the predominant ?M? and the accompanying Devil Ray. Also in the logo are two small letters ?S? and ?W? in the lower left-hand corner of the logo. The ?M,? which stands for Michigan, has a slight angle to the right to emphasize the team and ownership group?s commitment to move Battle Creek baseball forward. With two other Midwest League teams already in the state, the ?S? and ?W? were included to bring Southwest Michigan to the forefront. This is a concerted effort to reach out to families and baseball fans alike throughout Southwest Michigan.

The color scheme is identical to the parent club in Tampa Bay. The green stands as a sentiment to Michigan?s lush forests while the blue is a reminder of the state?s identification as the Great Lakes state. The team uniforms will be identical to Tampa Bay?s home and road uniforms with the ?M? logo on the sleeve. PMS colors for the team are as follows: 3308 green, 288 blue and process black."

I thought the secondary color for the Rays was more of a purple than blue.

Also, I hope the road uniforms are not identical to Tampa Bay's because they play in Battle Creek, not TB.

I love the justification for the colors and logo - I didn't know the TB Devil Rays selected Green in their logo to reflect Michigan's lush forests. :rolleyes:

And the M being angled to emphasize moving forward - Brilliant! :D

Everyone loves a roundel.

funny that they would say the angled m emphasizes taking the team forward, while the devil ray is moving backwards to the left...so their intentions are to go forward, but since they are the rays, they will always go backwards? ;)

Ha ha ha, very well put! :P

Cards.png

funny that they would say the angled m emphasizes taking the team forward, while the devil ray is moving backwards to the left...so their intentions are to go forward, but since they are the rays, they will always go backwards? ;)

Yes. :P

They actually raised ticket prices for this upcoming season.

So the road jerseys are going to say Tampa Bay?  Odd...  :P

Not unusual in the minors; The Elmira Pioneers in the early 90s wore hand-me-down Marlins uniforms with the Florida workmarks still on them!

...and for years, the Saint John Flames in the AHL wore Calgary's flaming "C".

I do like the simplicity of the logo, although it's dumb to have the M moving ahead, and the jellyfish dragging it backward.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived