New York Americans Concept Redux

nitroseed

Funny... I was working on this .jpg preview and I see Discrim's Americans uni concept. Great minds, I tell ya...

Anyway, some of you older guys might remember when I first did this concept as a young'un on the boards way back in aught-three. I did this update probably last summer but never released it or anything after all that bulls*** with the IHA. Many moons later, after I've lived and learned, I give you guys my first concept of 2005, the update of my New York Americans concept. The older version is up in the top left. Enjoy!

americans.gif

its beautiful, although i keep seeing AMERVCANS because of that dark wedge in the torch handle.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Brad,

There you are! Anyway, I think this is a great progression and redo. Always good to come back to an idea after a while. Too bad folks making logos for real teams don't always have this luxury. I like it. Nuff said, but

it's beautiful, although i keep seeing AMERVCANS because of that dark wedge in the torch handle.

Fuzzlewigg may have a point here. did the light blue work in that space, or did you rule it out already?

Although the older version looks great too, I really like the updates...The taller letters give it a little bit more grandeur I think, and I like the addition of the NY in the flame....that's really cool. I love custom lettering, annd that is a great font. One thing though, it looks like part of the torch is missing the light blue outline. Other than that, great design, great color choice. Looks really fantastic!

What if you moved the bottom of the "crest" portion of the logo up underneath the bottom of AMERICANS? As you have it now, it just looks a little empty down there in the navy blue. Its awesome nevertheless.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

I'd make two very minor changes...fix the gap in the torch handle so it doesn't read as a V, and make the Y in the flame more pronounced, it looks more like a V than a Y.

Other than that, awesome logo!

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• 2 weeks later...

Your logo simply rocks - I like the new look!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived