Coventry City FC

jr79

I hate it. The first two have so much potential for an update, but the new one has no caracter, the main part should be elephant and it doesn't dominate at all, while that F doesn't do anything for me, Too bad for Coventry City.

Tomorrow I'm off to London to see either Tottenham - Chalsea or Charlton - Birmingham.

i like it as well. its a great shape, and the elephant icon is wonderful, and its not horrendously busy like the present one.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

thanks Coventry, but we got a logo already :D ...oh, it's for YOU? coulda fooled me, I thought it was for the Chris Creamer FC :P

Does that mean we are members of the Coventry City Sports Logos Community?

I saw, I came, I left.

I guess the F is supposed to emphasize "the future" but it's still a pretty decent logo. I think the main thng is it's such a drastic move from the current logo. Not like chelsea which went back in it's history to build a new identity logo

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I love the present logo--and that elephant looks great on a madden helmet--(the full logo was too big)-but the new one is only okay--although I may try it on a helmet too...

I mostly know of Coventry City from the old Monty Python "Communist Quiz Show" sketch...

Although I've heard that since then they HAVE won the FA Cup...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I love the present logo--and that elephant looks great on a madden helmet--(the full logo was too big)-but the new one is only okay--although I may try it on a helmet too...

I mostly know of Coventry City from the old Monty Python "Communist Quiz Show" sketch...

Although I've heard that since then they HAVE won the FA Cup...

That was one of the great cup finals. 3-2, a very exciting, see-sawing game. Wow 18 years ago now! That meakes me feel old!

there is a trend for redesigned new badges for soccer teams. None of them really work IMO.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I like the new Chelsea badge:

badge_gold1.gif

As an Arsenal fan, that's awfully hard for me to admit, but there you have it.

It's also a huge improvement over the previous badge, which is something that very few clubs can say. Of course, that's partly because they already went through their "generic, copyrightable, ad-agency-designed crest" phase.

crest_1986-2005.gif

I completely disagree, Saintsfan. I know that they depart from the traditional style of soccer crests, but I really think that the new wave (CCFC, Arsenal, etc) of the crests are much better suited for the marketplace. They're much more practical and effective than the previous itterations. They're cleaner visually, which will make a stronger impact in the long run, plus they're easier to recreate on a variety of mediums.

Archived