Eagles hockey design

-kj

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks beautiful!

I'd make a few adjustments to your eagle though if you don't want to get sued by that guy whose name and copyright notice appears in that image. For one, get rid of a couple of the extra feathers (especially the top feather on the left wing).

Also, maybe open his mouth and give him more evil eyes.

Or maybe point his wings up some more, and point his talons up to the right, in the clutch position, like he's dropping in on his prey.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I have finished products!

(Well, basically.)

Ok, first of all, I have to say that all of you are friggin' awesome. Thank you all for your input.

I just got done colour laser printing these pages for my boss to take to his practice tonight. They look great.

Extra special thanks to Pantone for his colour knowledge, and Puckguy and GMS for giving lots of hints and suggestions via IMs.

I give you, the Eagles concepts:

Both logos

Jerseys w/full eagle logo

Jerseys w/eagle head logo

Back of jerseys

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The full body logo is pretty much awesome. I have come to the conclusion that the head logo is incredibly accurate. However, sometimes on drawings things do look right as they actually are. My oppinion is just to drop the head logo, and use the full body. You could cut the head off of the full body logo blow it up (jeeze i'm violent...cut it off and blow it up?) and maybe tilt it for a head logo.

Well, I actually went to the skate where a good number of my boss's teammates saw the designs, and they love 'em.  They actually like both logos, and there's talk, cost permitting, of using the head logo as a shoulder logo, with the full eagle as the main logo.

(They were also really digging my Admirals jerseys, one of which I was skating in tonight.)

Next up, I actually get to do the ordering of the jerseys. =)

POTD 2013-08-22

Hey Mockba,

sorry this took so long.  Saw your topic last week and kept thinking I'd done something similar a few years back.  It took me a while to find in my disordered state but I found this eagle head logo I pitched to some company a couple years ago.  THought it might help.  They ended up not using it so I wouldn't mind if you did...

Hope it helps.

Keep up the good work...animals are hella-hard to draw in 3 quarter view.

http://www.north18.com/images/eagles.gif

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Thanks for the suggestion.  They loved the full bird, so I think I'm going to stick with that, but I do appreciate the offer.

I toyed around with a wordmark to go with it.

Full logo, with skewed wordmark

Wordmark, no skew

Wordmark, skewed

Wordmark, no skew, no outline

Wordmark, skewed, no outline

POTD 2013-08-22

Oh, yeah, and... a HUGE shout-out to STL Fanatic for creating an Illustrator version of the logo for me, so I can more easily submit it to vendors.

POTD 2013-08-22

• 1 month later...

This is a pseudo-BUMP.

Sterling and I got a bit off-topic in the Moose thread, so I figured I'd dig this back up.

The jerseys arrived today. (Sadly, I didn't get one, I don't think.)  They look awesome.  Only problem I saw is that, despite my making sure to tell them, the manufacturer used serifed numbers instead of the "pro block" sans-serif style.  (They did use the pro block letters for the names.)  But, they still look good, regardless.

The team decided to get the crests done as embroidered/twill patches; it's pretty cool to see the logo I designed as a pro-style crest.

The box went home with my boss's partner, my boss is on vacation this week.  But, he has a game Sunday (which, ironically, I'm refereeing), and I'm hoping someone will take pictures.

POTD 2013-08-22

Yes...

here here and much congrats to Mockba.  We all eagerly await photos.

Did they use a Thrashers template (blank jersey) too?

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Congrats to Mockba and Sterling! With the exception of my wedding day - and ANY achievement of my nieces and nephews - my biggest thrill in life revolves around a logo I designed about ten years ago.

It was for an A-League minor-league soccer team that had hired me as a consultant. They shall remain nameless, despite having gone out of business, because I don't want word of me savaging either of the owners coming back to haunt me in business. They asked me to identify areas where they could use a real boost and, frankly, marketing and merchandising jumped out at me.

I told them - point blank - that they weren't just competing in the "summer" events/entertainment market. In reality, they were competing against the perception of a new American Hockey League team that had arrived in their market AND the possibility of an independent minor-league baseball team coming to town the following year. I told them that for starters they needed to go out and hire a professional design firm to come up with an identity/logo package every bit as professionally done as the hockey team's. Their response? "Nope. Don't have the budget for that. Besides, our identity is just fine." Well, that was open for debate. Believe me... it was "meh".

So, I offered to come up with a more marketable logo for their existing identity (They would NOT budge on changing the run-of-the-mill name they were using.) for a fraction of what they would have paid a leading design firm of the era. I busted my backside designing this thing. I worked free-hand and had a friend at a design firm scan and clean it for me. The end result was easily a billion times better than what they had been using, better than that of 95% of the logos in the A-League at that time (I know... no big feat.)  and, IMHO (As well as that of my friends in the industry.), better than the logo of the AHL team that had taken the city by storm! Their response? "It looks like... a hockey logo." What? What is that supposed to mean? "Well, it's just that it looks so... professional." That's the point, you morons! Right now, you look like the Little League team that nobody wants to play for.

Why I wanted them to accept the logo so badly, I'll never know. It was probably a mixture of pride over my design and simply wanting to help them out. Just to prove a point about how marketable the logo would be, I asked if I could make up some t-shirts featuring my logo and sell them at an upcoming game. "As long as you're picking up the tab, okay." I sincerely think that they thought my logo would be a flop. I mean, why else would they have put themselves in the position of being proven wrong? However, they simply couldn't imagine that a "kid" in his twenties was going to prove them wrong.

So, through a friend in the sporting goods/licensed merchandise industry, I had 200 t-shirts printed up with my logo on them. I'll never forget how SWEET they looked. Just seeing the logo on them in all its full-color glory was a rush! The team let me set up a table at the stadium's main entrance... right across from their own. At this point it was some sort of contest borne of perverse pride. Bottom line: I blew through all 200 t-shirts I had in just over 25 minutes. They didn't sell ONE in the time I was there. I folded up their table, went home and counted my money.

The following week, they called me in for a meeting. I was ready to accept the profit I had made on the t-shirts as part of my compensation for designing and selling them the logo. I was sure that they'd realize that the logo was just the first step in re-positioning themselves on the local minor-league sports scene, Instead, they terminated my consulting contract. Within a month, they had adopted a new logo that was a HORRIBLE knock-off of the one I had done. It looked as though it had been drawn by a committee of kindergarten students. Within a year, the team had folded.

Still... I will NEVER forget the thrill of selling those shirts beraing my design. It was AWESOME!!!

Brian in Boston

I busted my backside designing this thing. I worked free-hand and had a friend at a design firm scan and clean it for me. The end result was easily a billion times better than what they had been using, better than that of 95% of the logos in the A-League at that time (I know... no big feat.) and, IMHO (As well as that of my friends in the industry.), better than the logo of the AHL team that had taken the city by storm! Their response? "It looks like... a hockey logo." What? What is that supposed to mean? "Well, it's just that it looks so... professional." That's the point, you morons! Right now, you look like the Little League team that nobody wants to play for.

Why I wanted them to accept the logo so badly, I'll never know. It was probably a mixture of pride over my design and simply wanting to help them out. Just to prove a point about how marketable the logo would be, I asked if I could make up some t-shirts featuring my logo and sell them at an upcoming game. "As long as you're picking up the tab, okay." I sincerely think that they thought my logo would be a flop. I mean, why else would they have put themselves in the position of being proven wrong? However, they simply couldn't imagine that a "kid" in his twenties was going to prove them wrong.

So, through a friend in the sporting goods/licensed merchandise industry, I had 200 t-shirts printed up with my logo on them. I'll never forget how SWEET they looked. Just seeing the logo on them in all its full-color glory was a rush! The team let me set up a table at the stadium's main entrance... right across from their own. At this point it was some sort of contest borne of perverse pride. Bottom line: I blew through all 200 t-shirts I had in just over 25 minutes. They didn't sell ONE in the time I was there. I folded up their table, went home and counted my money.

The following week, they called me in for a meeting. I was ready to accept the profit I had made on the t-shirts as part of my compensation for designing and selling them the logo. I was sure that they'd realize that the logo was just the first step in re-positioning themselves on the local minor-league sports scene, Instead, they terminated my consulting contract. Within a month, they had adopted a new logo that was a HORRIBLE knock-off of the one I had done. It looked as though it had been drawn by a committee of kindergarten students. Within a year, the team had folded.

Still... I will NEVER forget the thrill of selling those shirts beraing my design. It was AWESOME!!!

Brian in Boston

damn, they'll let any dipwad with a million dollars buy a minor league team nowadays :;): they fired you for doing your job...what was with that?  did they not want to look professional?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived