Eagles hockey design

-kj

Did they use a Thrashers template (blank jersey) too?

Yup, they did.  They only have the home white jerseys at this point; if they carry through to next season (they're currently in their beginner school season), they'll get blue jerseys to match.

Oh, there is one more thing... the colour they used for the nameplates and the numbers were slightly darker than the blue on the jerseys' trim.  You'd think they'd have the proper stuff to match.  It's only noticable from up close, but of course I noticed it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming late to the party...but,

I really liked the full body eagle and the way it turned out. Very nice work.

The eagle head just seemed to have a startled or worried look on his face. Perhaps if that were to be pursued further, the eyes could be drawn back more, as if being distorted from the speed, to make them appear more menacing or intense. Also the cheeks look a bit chubby, like he's getting ready to blow a bubble. If that could be thinned out he might also have a sleeker profile.

Just my two cents.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The problem with trying to render a bird's head in 3/4 perspective is that to do so accurately you're going to lose sight of one of the eyes. It's a result of a bird's eyes being situated on opposite sides of their heads.

Technically speaking, any straight-on rendering of a bird's head that features both eyes looking directly out at the viewer is inaccurate. However, for the sake of the logo, the designer(s) will often cheat.

With the 3/4 view, trying to attempt such a cheat results in at least one side of the bird's head seeming to be out of proportion... the result of the artist needing to provide a "context" for the eye. Obviously, you can't just have that second eye floating in space. Unfortunately, that eye would realistically be hidden from view.

Brian in Boston

• 1 month later...

Look at me, digging up the old topic.

But, after getting an e-mail from someone on the board asking if I ever got pictures of these jerseys, I found out that a friend of ours took some pictures of one of his games (against a team named the Mighty Northern). So, after some e-mailing, I have some pictures! No close-up pictures of the jerseys, but you'll get an idea of how they turned out from these action shots.

The pictures: 1 2 3 4 5

And, as an added bonus, in pictures 2 and 4, you can see how ridiculous someone my size looks in an officials' sweater. :laugh:

POTD 2013-08-22

looks good, especially in the pictures were number 33 of the other team is wearing tape numbers

Hey, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. *heh*  :D

Excited yet, Sterling?  Yours will be on a slightly larger scale, of course.  :cool:

POTD 2013-08-22

Yeah, it's really hard to think about anything else.

I was hoping to have my jersey before the unveiling...for numerous reasons.  

1)  I can't get up there for it and wanted to feel attached to it somehow.

2) so I could post some pics at 7:35 that night for you guys.

Looks like all the production demand for jerseys though is being funnelled toward having enough at the stadium on that night.....and so I wait...til late Oct I guess.

Still though, not to hijack this........no matter what the scale of the team..... seeing people wear what you made has got to be incredibly satisfying.  Like, sit-back-and-smile-for-40-minutes-straight type happy.  They don't care (the players) but I would be every bit as stoked if it were NHL or peewee.  IT's what we live for since that game winner in game seven ain't happening any time soon.

I'm happy for ya man.  ANd the SECOND that my logo is public, I'll be on here with pics....TV testing shots of jerseys...not final versions...cool :censored:....more??

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

...seeing people wear what you made has got to be incredibly satisfying. Like, sit-back-and-smile-for-40-minutes-straight type happy. They don't care (the players) but I would be every bit as stoked if it were NHL or peewee. IT's what we live for since that game winner in game seven ain't happening any time soon.

It is cool, man, and I'm totally excited for you, Sterling. I know how I felt when I started seeing photos of U of Alberta's womens hockey team wearing my jersey, and when it finally came in the mail, you couldn't have pulled it off my corpse. I think I wore it all weekend.

Hell, and your's is even way bigger of a deal than mine, so I bet that'll go for you even more.

You did those?? The green and gold Panda ones? Sweet. When was this?

They started using my home jerseys last year, and they will use the away jerseys this year.

Here are some photos of the home jersey. Sorry they aren't the best quality.

http://www.avengerhockey.com/pandas/1.jpg

http://www.avengerhockey.com/pandas/2.jpg

http://www.avengerhockey.com/pandas/3.jpg

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Avenger, those are really nice.  Your logo design as well, I'm presuming?  Excellent.

POTD 2013-08-22

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Avenger, those are really nice. Your logo design as well, I'm presuming? Excellent.

No, the logo is not mine. Just the actual jersey design is mine.

My original concept called for a logo modification that I did, but the communication department shot it down. They wanted to use the current logo. I like mine better, but at least I still got it out there.

original.gif

Archived