Preview of my States Project (Baseball)

Mings

First off I just wanted to say I was inspired by his project, and am in no way trying to rip off his idea. I pmed him, but have yet to get a response. I chose baseball to differentiate my project from his. This is something I wanted to do to stretch myself further in illustrator, kinda like how AAO is doing his MLB project. This is the first one, It is only a preview, so I'll probably use some of the C&C from the post to fix it. After this one, there probably wont be another posted until I get them all completely done, which could take a long time lol. If ICS would like me to not post it, I would definitely take it down since the original States Project was his idea.

Without further adieu here is the first state: Alabama

final.png

The primary logo is from the nickname of Alabama, the Yellowhammer State. It is named as such due to a famous Civil War regiment from Alabama called the Yellowhammers, which is why I depicted a Civil War era soldier. It is kind of unfinished since I am horrible at illustrating faces (the come hither Delaware Rider and the stoned snake in the Vancouver Venom logo come to mind, remember those?).

The Sleeve logo is basically a shield with the St. Andrews cross from the state flag stylized with Alabama at the top.

The Cap Logo is an A in the same style as the wordmark with the St. Andrews cross in it. I thought a plain A was well....too plain, so I threw the cross in there. It might be too complicated for a cap logo though.

On the unis, they are a pretty traditional uniform, kind of like the Giants unis.

As you can see I put it on a fun and patriotic presentation template as well lol.

Feel free to C&C. Thanks in advance guys.

sweet home alabama! thats really nice mings

2 questions 1. how fast will you release these (i.e. get to delaware quickly) and 2. do alabamans have butts :D seriously i forgot my other question

comment- why is the X in the A off center

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

this one is just a preview, so its gonna be awhile, and all in one post.

the a, yeah it will get fixed lol. and as far as i know alabama people are like you an i, except they are from alabama and have an accent

Probably a consequence of the font he chose more than anything.

I like these; I'm interested in seeing what you've got up your sleeve for Connecticut.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

2. do alabamans have butts?  :D

if you draw me an ass and make it look good, then ill put it on my friggin template! :P until then stop harassing my templates butt, and the ankles are fixed Pat! see? look! :D

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2. do alabamans have butts?  :D

if you draw me an ass and make it look good, then ill put it on my friggin template! :P until then stop harassing my templates butt, and the ankles are fixed Pat! see? look! :D

Look ma! No cankles!

Nice, nice, nice!!! I like that all. :D

Hey, I know that the "A" with the X inside is due to the Alabamian Flag... but with the red cap, it's a bit hard to see well the "A".

Can't wait for Florida and Massachussetts!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

thanks for the compliments guys, any idead on how to clean up the main logo a lil, the other two are pretty set, except for some tweaking on the cap logo. would you guys like me to release them as i do them and keep it in one thread or wait until I am completely done?

Yeah Ill probably release them as I go and have it all in one thread with an index as the first post, and then as i release I'll bump it up with the new one. I'm also thinking, to keep some unity having the sleeve logo be the same shape for all of them, and incorporating the flag od the state like I did with this one, and having the cap be the first letter of the state and incorporating the flag of the state as well. when I make my tweaks to this one is when I will make the index thread for it.

Hey... a tip for the Alaska's unis... the cap: all navy blue, the button top yellow and only the stars of the flag as the logo in front of the cap. ;)

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Okay, maybe these three things are nitpicky, but they're the only things I can think of to clean up ther logo:

1) The eye on the Alabama soldier makes him look Egyptian - I try to step back and look at the logo alltogether, but I keep focusing on the eye...

2) You have a solid grey line that surrounds the Wordmark on the bottom, regardless of the shapes of the letters. But, the grey line on top of the Wordmark dips into the "M". I'd make the line uniform on both the top and bottom where applicable, either following the shapes of the letters or being a solid, unbroken line.

3) The logo gets cluttered where the B cover the soldiers right hand. I'd say either eliminate the hand entirely or at least the silver of it alongside the left edge of the B.

The concept does look amazing... just being nitpicky, like I said ^_^

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Okay, maybe these three things are nitpicky, but they're the only things I can think of to clean up ther logo:

1) The eye on the Alabama soldier makes him look Egyptian - I try to step back and look at the logo alltogether, but I keep focusing on the eye...

2) You have a solid grey line that surrounds the Wordmark on the bottom, regardless of the shapes of the letters. But, the grey line on top of the Wordmark dips into the "M". I'd make the line uniform on both the top and bottom where applicable, either following the shapes of the letters or being a solid, unbroken line.

3) The logo gets cluttered where the B cover the soldiers right hand. I'd say either eliminate the hand entirely or at least the silver of it alongside the left edge of the B.

The concept does look amazing... just being nitpicky, like I said ^_^

thats what i want, i want nitpicky lol. i suck at eyes and faces lol. so yeah, im revisiting it as we speak, and im trying to make a good face. keep the c&c coming

Someone may have said this, but have you (seriously) thought about Confederate alternates for the South side of the Civil War? Not like..all white robes or anything, but like..a gray version?

And inversely, a navy one for Union states?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived