NEW METS BP UNI

larrywk

i hate these, mainly cus teh Mets don't know when to stop with the black, as we all know. the black stripe, I can live with. the black lettering, it's practically illegible except if you're close up to it.

what happened to the 97 BP jerseys? I liked the 97 BPs. especially the one that said NEW YORK in gray w/orange trim.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

as a hardcore mets fan i like em. If i was Fred Wilpon, I would remove the black and orange shoulders, add black stripes on the collar (a la the blue stripes on the black alts). Then id use the blues to replace the black alts. I did a mock up of these last month but i have no web space to post them.

My dream mets uniform line up:

HOME: Blue hat, pinstripe jeresys.

ALT: Blue jerseys with black lettering, BP hat, white pants.

AWAY: Grey unis with Black and blue hat

Sundays: White jerseys with blue hat.

BP: BP Hat and Blue jersey with "NY" on chest in black.

NO MORE BLACK JERESYS!!!!

NO MORE BLACK JERESYS!!!!

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!!!

I hate that the Mets have so much black. It's ok to have one alt black but two??? and an all black cap??? Come on. Love the pinstripe with blue hat combo.

Looks like a new number font for them too. Or is that how all the teams are in that guide?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Considering that most, if not ALL of the BP unis from last season looked alike, I really like that. Yes, having a yoke on a BP uni si different. However, IT'S FREAKING DIFFERENT! I'm not a Mets fan, my brother is (and if you can find one in a 3XLT let me know eh), but it's sweet! Ok that's it.

dodgers-1.png

how 'bout just a simple home and away jersey? as a proud mets fan, I believe it does our franchise wrong to have five jerseys and three caps when there are only two types of games, home and away. the blue hats and regular "Mets" jerseys with no black drop shadowing sold just fine for the more than 35 years that we used 'em.

while i'm at it, shouldn't the blue used in the mets' uniforms and hats match the dodgers exactly? the mets appear to be using a far darker shade of blue dese days.

how 'bout just a simple home and away jersey? as a proud mets fan, I believe it does our franchise wrong to have five jerseys and three caps when there are only two types of games, home and away. the blue hats and regular "Mets" jerseys with no black drop shadowing sold just fine for the more than 35 years that we used 'em.

while i'm at it, shouldn't the blue used in the mets' uniforms and hats match the dodgers exactly? the mets appear to be using a far darker shade of blue dese days.

While you'd make every traditionalist proud, the fact is, there's money to be made selling alternate jerseys. I love baseball, probably more than any other sport, and I consider myself fairly traditional when it comes to the Mets(i.e. not a fan of the black, can't stand any hat used besides the blue one). Still, the different colors add a new dimension and, to me, gives the game some color.

That being said, I want them to move down to three jerseys and one, MAYBE two caps. First thing? The black would go. The home jersey would be the white one without the pinstripes, and the away the current gray jersey. As for the alt, a very simple design, like the Cubs. All blue, with the orange "NY" on the right breast area. The caps? The blue one, of course, and maybe a blue road cap with an orange bill. Who knows, maybe I'll just make it a concept, although what I said's prolly pretty easy to imagine.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

The Mets and Dodgers have had different shades of Blue for at least the last 25 years or so...however, the Mets slightly darkened theirs again a few years ago (when they added the Black).

I'm hoping Pantone can clarify two questions for me:

1) Is the blue on this new BP jersey the same blue as the Mets' other current jerseys? (I ask because in the MLB shop photos, it seems to be slightly different, although photos can "lie" about the true color of an object)

2) Just wondering if my memory is correct on how the Mets' blue has changed over the years. My memory is that the blue was darker thru the late 1970s, lightened when Doubleday bought the team in 1980, darkened once in the late 1980s (after the 86 championship), and darkened again around the time of the arrival of the black uniforms. Is this correct or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Thanks ahead of time for any answers.

I'm hoping Pantone can clarify two questions for me:

1) Is the blue on this new BP jersey the same blue as the Mets' other current jerseys? (I ask because in the MLB shop photos, it seems to be slightly different, although photos can "lie" about the true color of an object)

2) Just wondering if my memory is correct on how the Mets' blue has changed over the years. My memory is that the blue was darker thru the late 1970s, lightened when Doubleday bought the team in 1980, darkened once in the late 1980s (after the 86 championship), and darkened again around the time of the arrival of the black uniforms. Is this correct or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Thanks ahead of time for any answers.

I remember the Mets having a kind of purplish blue in the late 70s

Archived