The Last Team Standing

WJMorris3

Which team will be the last unbeaten team this year?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have always liked Nick Smith. I think he's somewhat of a secret weapon to be honest.

He's tall, but he's not bulky. Thus, he's big without being your typical big man. So on offense, he moves around and has a great jump shot. On defense, he can play big and is pretty good at blocking and on the boards.

He has pretty bad asthma or something, so he can't play for prolonged periods of time, but I've always liked having Nick Smith.

You like him, I never yell more at the TV when he's in. I think he feels forgotten and he takes shots too quickly. I know he's a "shooter" but I've never seen a taller guy that's scared to go inside.

He was being guarded (and guarded well) buy a guy that was a foot shorter than him in the wisconsin game.

I guess he's good for what he does. Comes in off the bench as an 8th man.

I'm hoping i dont start a fire fight here, but can Illinois succeed on neutral courts in the tourney? Their only marquee road/neutral wins are Cincy in Vegas and @ Wisconsin. And as for the Wisky game, both teams shot the exact same %, but somehow Illinois got 8 more FTs than Wisky at home, and canned 12 more. Props for that.

And as for Wisky having the bigs, maybe. Butch still has a loooong way to go, and Wilkinson, tho 6'8, likes to roam the perimeter a lot more than the post. Illinois has great homecourt advantage, and I think if they had played Wake on a neutral floor, the would've lost by double-digits. Hopefully, though, we'll all get to find out in the tournament! ^_^

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

I also believe Gonzaga was a neutral court, and I would call that marquee.

I do believe this team can play on the road just fine. But your right, they haven't been tested too much yet. We got past Wisconsin, and we still have to go into Michigan State and Iowa though.

The thing is that if the Illini get a 1 seed in the tourney, they have a pretty good chance of playing close to home no matter what, but I'll have to look at the specifics.

Oh, and your alright on that "fire fight." I'm not one to throw fire back anyways, but as long as your not obnoxious with it and present good back up for your opinion, you'll be good to go (no matter how wrong you are :wink: )

• 2 weeks later...

Wooo! Illinois the last unbeaten...barely. That was a rough game to watch. Just as I was starting to relax...BAM! Down by 5.

Dee Brown is amazing. 3 steals in about a minute to single handedly get illinois back in it, and that behind the back pass...wow.

I like Weber's stance. There are people that say that you almost WANT to lose a game before the tournament, but how is losing ever a good thing. You can teach AND win.

I-L-L...

Archived