Atlantic City Heartbreakers Concept

nitroseed

breaker-preview.gif

Link: Atlantic City Heartbreakers Uniforms

This was done for Fusebazell's fantasy basketball team. The imagery was a little tough to come up with... I did the wordmark first, and went from there. The wordmark, by the way, is also a new custom font I've designed.

The original concept for this started out as the King of Hearts posing, but it started to look very awkward, so I abandonned it in search of a new idea. I then went with the simpler idea of using a poker chip/basketball design, allowing the entire piece to be focused on more than just the primary logo.

The uniforms are pretty self-explanatory. ^_^

Hope you guys enjoy! C&C always appreciated, provided it's constructive.

That is one of the nicest logos I've seen in a loooooooooooooooong time :notworthy: Once you've commited to red, black and white, you can drive yourself nuts looking for a second color, and gold is one of the nicest. The elements are logo are prominent enough that they wouldn't get too lost if the logo was shrunk down for merch, etc.

If I have one complaint, it's the pattern going down the sides of the jerseys - what is that supposed to be? (It might be REALLY obvious, but I'm non too bright ^_^ ). Overall, I love 'em.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

nitro i love this. you took what atlantic city is know for (gambling) and completely captured it in this logo. i love how you put the breaking heart on the chip and the basketball in the middle. the font is a great addition to this as well. i love the row of lights on the bottom too. i dont know if it was to fill out the bottom, but i definitely wouldnt take them out. damn i wish i was a good as you

very cool / clever... one thing though, the pink "flourescence" probably works much better on a dark background, maybe try a bluish tint for light backdrops

That's not part of the logo. It's just for effect on the preview image.

You shouldn't have mentioned it Mr. B, it might have looked nice on his Nationals concepts :)

This is one of your simpler concepts but probably most symbolic ones. Nicely done as per your usual submissions. Damn beautiful wordmark!

breaker-preview.gif

Link: Atlantic City Heartbreakers Uniforms

This was done for Fusebazell's fantasy basketball team. The imagery was a little tough to come up with... I did the wordmark first, and went from there. The wordmark, by the way, is also a new custom font I've designed.

The original concept for this started out as the King of Hearts posing, but it started to look very awkward, so I abandonned it in search of a new idea. I then went with the simpler idea of using a poker chip/basketball design, allowing the entire piece to be focused on more than just the primary logo.

The uniforms are pretty self-explanatory. ^_^

Hope you guys enjoy! C&C always appreciated, provided it's constructive.

Wow..that's nice

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

That's disgustingly awesome. You never fail to inspire me, like you make me wanna put 100% into all of my work. This is definitely one of your simpler concepts especially compared to your Anacondas' package, but it still manages to amaze me the same way. And I really do wonder what your King of Hearts was looking like before you decided to scratch it. I guarantee you it was amazing.

The one thing i'm not totally sold on are the unis, but i still think they're great.

But one question...when you say you made this custom font, do you mean you heavily edited a font you had, or do you have a full font making program which you use to make these custom fonts.

Oh no, I'm gonna complain about a Nitro concept...blasphemy...just kidding, lol..but I am gonna complain a bit, heh...

The poker chip is awesome, and the word mark is awesome, but I don't think they work together yet.

The wordmark is 3Dish and detailed while the chip is very simple. Perhaps some of the dark gold highlights should be used in the basketball? I'm not sure, but they don't work together IMO. Not yet anyways.

And I don't like the color distribution in the uniforms, but I'm not sure how I'd correct that.

Mostly good stuff though.

Great stuff! :D ...checked out your website.... awsome

That's interesting, considering I don't have a website up. Maybe I did one in my sleep?

thats really weird. oh yea nitro i sent you a pm a few days ago about the wordmark thing. could you please let me know when you have time thanks dude.

i rarely, if ever, gush about a logo concept... but this is one of my favorite logos i've seen on here.

the team name is very original, and even with a decent logo would be great... but you gave it a great logo to match.

my only complaint is on the uniforms. i think the numbers look a little cheesy and minor league. if they were closer to a more traditional block letter (but obviously not one... just something that looks more like a big thick bold sports number), they'd be perfect.

but as i said, i truely love this concept, and i can't remember the last time i came out and complimented a logo this much :)

great job, man.

Archived