Detroit Tigers Concept

AAO

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, they would be the most-intimidating 50-win team in the league that's for sure.

get ready for the 80 win season Detroit Tigers next season...

and AAO, I hope you don't mind if I borrow your avatar, and use it as mine. Your whole Concept is too perfect

damn childish is what i was trying to avoid so ill try to get the pupils in there...

seriously AAO, it does not look one bit childish, looks like a remodernization of a traditional Tigers

haha the only reason i say change it back is cause pretty soon everyones gonna feel free to snag avatars not only from me but others and thats not cool

sorry man, but i'm just a big fan of this concept, and I love your avatar. You should make some avatars for people who want to wear them. I know there are people who do. But I am sorry it was not my intention to steal, but to admire :D

AAO, that is sweet, especially the road & Alt hats. :shocked: The only thing I can say is bring back the "D" on the home jersey. It is historically documented tat the Tigers road uniform can take on virtually any incarnation, and no one says much about it, but take away the old english D and all hell will bust loose. Truthfully though, thats a great piece of work, especially using the tiger head on the sleeves. :notworthy:

One questiuon though, why can't I find the Red Sox concept??? :therock:

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

well....what do i say.

i don't like it at all.

but that's just me.

it would be good for a tigers minor league team, but as a fan, i just can't get behind the design for the big league club.

but i'm guessing everyone and their mother knew i wouldn't like it.

sorry, AAO.

thanks guys

This has the look of an X-Line logo, which is by no means a bad thing. Top notch work yet again - makes me feel even more sheepish to put out my crappy redo of the Pirates in the Hometown Haul-Over...

Whats is an X-Line logo? I heard that term a while back and never knew what it meant.

its all good joel i guess its cause your a die hard tigers fan and therefore more of a traditionalist.

And Here's the Red Sox Tmorss:

RedSoxLogosLarge.gif

BostonRedSoxRedesign.gif

thanks guys
This has the look of an X-Line logo, which is by no means a bad thing. Top notch work yet again - makes me feel even more sheepish to put out my crappy redo of the Pirates in the Hometown Haul-Over...

Whats is an X-Line logo? I heard that term a while back and never knew what it meant.

its all good joel i guess its cause your a die hard tigers fan and therefore more of a traditionalist.

And Here's the Red Sox Tmorss:

RedSoxLogosLarge.gif

BostonRedSoxRedesign.gif

Basically, they're interpretations of logos with more agressive styles - you can check them out at Zephyr X-Line Hats.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

The good: That tiger head. That is a great tiger, one that looks like a tiger, not like a lioness with black stripes (as do most tiger heads out there). And the script. Somehow, that cartoony script with its dreamy softness works for me for this team. There's some kind of, I don't know, safari vibe happening with the script that makes it work with the tiger head despite the girlie, puffy-sticker look of the letters.

The bad: The tiger striping on the D looks like ripped parchment, not tiger skin. If this was the Detroit Pirates, that D would practically shout "Hyarrr, mateys, here be treasure!" But for the Detroit Tigers, the D is more of a whimper saying, "Please, Mr. Bengal, don't eat us!"

The ugly: The orange outline around the number on the blue alt. It just doesn't work. And what's up with having four outlines on the home script and numbers? Are the first three outlines really so great that they need a fourth outline just to frame their majesty?

But all in all, the awesome is turned up pretty high with this one, especially since it seems to break away from your other recent MLB redesigns.

20082614447.png

i like this one aao. im not too keen on the bubble highlights on the words though. i think without them it would be a great script. kinda modern, kinda traditional. the tiger head is good. i would have used symmetrical striping and a white chin, though. if you add pupils to the eyes, i really like these eyes, on of the things i usually gripe about with your concepts. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived