N.Y. Islanders concept...

P.I.L.L.

Hmmm, as logos go I quite like it, though I've never been a fan of putting geography onto a sports crest. Surely fans could accept something other than a picture of a strip of land on the Altlantic as the team's identity. Go with a shark, or maybe try to bring back the lighthouse image or something. The logo looks markedly better then the current one, but I think could go for a bit of a overhaul in the crest.

All that aside, I do like the jersey pattern and 'NY' design. It definitely looks more modern and professional.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cash man, I'll be honest with ya - I identify more with the shape of Long Island than I ever would a shark. However, a lighthouse would not be a bad idea - it's definitely a part of the history of the area. So much so, in fact, that Nassau Coliseum(where the Isles play) is being totally revamped to include a lighthouse of sorts.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Hmmm, as logos go I quite like it, though I've never been a fan of putting geography onto a sports crest. Surely fans could accept something other than a picture of a strip of land on the Altlantic as the team's identity. Go with a shark , or maybe try to bring back the lighthouse image or something. The logo looks markedly better then the current one, but I think could go for a bit of a overhaul in the crest.

All that aside, I do like the jersey pattern and 'NY' design. It definitely looks more modern and professional.

thanks ...

again, the design is (obviously) based on the isles current logo... so, the "strip of land" isn't going anywhere...

and as for using a SHARK... :rolleyes: I like the way you think, BUT it just wasn't a popular choice, and I'm almost over it , almost.

i still think its terrible and much worse than the current isles jerseys. and why are there so many people who make up there own isles concept. is it cause they think the real jerseys suck? well i dont

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

i still think its terrible and much worse than the current isles jerseys. and why are there so many people who make up there own isles concept. is it cause they think the real jerseys suck? well i dont

I love you for being so honest.

I really don't see how this is any better than anything they have now. So many different elements and colors and it'll all so jumbled without any real containment. It's sloppy and distracting. Maybe add a solid white outline around the whole thing?

Its just so unoriginal and poorly designed. Looks like all clipart.

Wow, who would have thunk put the island in the logo and a hockey stick for a Y. Never done before.

Randy - No dawg

Paula - No

Simon - That might be the worst logo I have ever seen, definite No.

Well I think that it's still a solid concept, given that this jersey has numbers. But that logo just won't cut it. It's bringing the concept down.

The ideas you put towards your logo concept are good, IMO though the execution was sloppy. It just needs a little experimentation. But if you say that the logo is done, then so be it. But if you ever want to make that step up where the elite logo-makers on this board are, then I think you should reconsider.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Brilliams!

Absolutely Brilliams!

i still love the slight change to the original logo....especially making the NY bigger, the slight position change of the puck, and the way the objects leave the circle crest, instead of 'staying within the box', if you will.

Brilliams!

that one is better, but long island really needs to look like the real thing. if you look at the long island on the current isles log it looks exactly like it. theres too big of a difference. the rest of the jersey is pretty good

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

thanks again Joshua, not sure how to take your sarcastic compliment though :blink: honestly, I do appreciate the CC on this one.

as for the island, I thought it would be better design wise to sharpen the island in to a more fish tailish / dynamic shape...

thankfully, you're in the overwhelming minority.

Please provide the evidence supporting your statement. Clearly, if he's in the "overwhelming minority" there should be an abundance of information backing up your hypothesis.

If he's in the "overwhelming minority," then why was the original Islander logo selected to replace the short-lived fisherman logo? Why wasn't another logo developed to advance the Isles' image? Could it possibly be because something more than an "overwhelming minority" PREFERRED the original logo? Could it be that this continues to be the case?

The reason why you're the target of so much sarcasm here is because you are an attention hog, you're pushy, you don't take criticism well and you violate a sacred canon of any creative artist - you don't allow your work to do all of the talking for you. You have to take it to the next level by telling everyone how famous you are and how tight you are with all of these teams that are on the verge of adopting your creative works.

If you'll take the time to notice, most of the better designers here simply present their work and await feedback. In most cases there is no back and forth debate between critic and artist - there's simply feedback and a decision by the artist to either use it or not use it.

Face it, guy. Few people here are taking you seriously because you have made a simply dreadful first impression. It's almost never too late for redemption but you're going to have to learn how to deal with feedback of all kinds with a much gentler touch.

We all agree with yhollander.

Now, before, and forever.

Lettuce pray.

Brilliams!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived