N.Y. Islanders concept...

P.I.L.L.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yhollander... I must say, that was BRILLIAMS

as for the "overwhelming minority" statement:  the original version of this logo (the shark / island ) was emailed to nearly 1000 Isles fans last year, and the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY response was that they preferred my concept over their current logo, many pointing out what a few Isles fan posters on this thread had noted~ I've preserved the tradition of the emblem, but modernized it...

anyway, as for your analysis of me... first impressions are very difficult to overcome, no doubt...  I've made some mistakes, but like the logos, I'm a work in progress... pointing out my own weaknesses and hopefully evolving as a result.

I understand the anamosity for the most part, but I assure you... I'm a genuinely good person, w/ many fantastical dreams which I'm passionately pursuing.  I would hope that everyone here makes the most of their gifts and talents, and continually strives to be true to themselves~ no matter what. 

Lastly, I DO take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism EXCEPTIONALLY well, and I will continue to do so.  As for taking the unabashed bashings, it's not always easy to ignore, but I think I've done ok lately... obviously there are some people that will never take me seriously, but that's OK, I didn't join the board to make friends... although there are some people here who I have the utmost respect for, and if I ever came to a CC conference, I'm sure some of the people that despise me, would change their tune in a hurry, and hey some wouldn't... but that's life ya know.

~CJ

A few thoughts.

-That's a lot of emails. Got any documentation of that highly scientific research endeavour?

-"Pointing out my own weaknesses"? Forgive me, but I haven't seen much of that... you've owned up to them a couple of times, but I've never seen you post an original confession that was not spurred on by an external analysis of your person.

-You DO take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism EXCEPTIONALLY well? A bold statement, to be sure. Not only does this presume that we have no knowledge of the way you take constructive criticism (or at least no ability to judge your ability to take it), it presumes you have analyzed a broad spectrum of artists and their responses to constructive criticism, and found yourself to be taking it not only well, but so well that it defies traditional reasoning associated with the taking of constructive criticism.

You'd do well to take Yale's observations to heart if you wish to be a accepted and respected member of this community.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

but I've never seen you post an original confession that was not spurred on by an external analysis of your person.

I hadn't realized we were at church... :rolleyes:

as for the target research... unlike my O's emails / IM's , I didn't save the Isles stuff ... but I'll post the new logo on the Islandermania site that sportsfan suggested, as well as other Isles sites, sometime soon.

as for the "overwhelming minority" statement: the original version of this logo (the shark / island ) was emailed to nearly 1000 Isles fans last year, and the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY response was that they preferred my concept over their current logo, many pointing out what a few Isles fan posters on this thread had noted~ I've preserved the tradition of the emblem, but modernized it...

What did you send them, a dirty copy of a fax, or a 6-pixels thumbnail that was blown up to size?

There's nothing you've done that's "remarkably" better than what's used now. You have all the same elements, but you've made them a jumbled mass. Yours doesn't look like a modernized update of the current logo, it's just a cluttered mess.

What is your version of modern? Adding a gradient? Adding black for no reason? Or putting the same logo on a different jersey? How revolutionary!

From what I've seen of you these past few weeks, it's obvious you're not a professional artist. You would never survive in the real world. All you do is block out any negative criticism (no matter how conveyed), and you only thank those who give you positive critiques.

Get over yourself! If you want to design something incredible, look at what's out there. Take a look at the designers working in the sports industry...Joe Bosack, Studio Simon, Rickabaugh, Flynnagain, SME Branding, even Phoenix (don't shoot me, everyone). And these are all I can think of at the top of my head, and doesn't even cover the members here who have had their work used by professional and amateur teams as well.

You are also in some strange state of denial if you think a licensed vendor is going to use your logos over the real ones in use by MLB (or whatever league the team is in). Why would a licensee take a generic piece of artwork over the real thing and try to pass it off as fan apparel? Just because you said it's better than the actual one?

You can be as ignorant as you want, but you're coming across as a jerk or a liar. Or both. It's your decision as to how you want to present yourself in the future.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

From what I've seen of you these past few weeks, it's obvious you're not a professional artist. You would never survive in the real world. All you do is block out any negative criticism (no matter how conveyed), and you only thank those who give you positive critiques.

You are also in some strange state of denial if you think a licensed vendor is going to use your logos over the real ones in use by MLB (or whatever league the team is in). Why would a licensee take a generic piece of artwork over the real thing and try to pass it off as fan apparel? Just because you said it's better than the actual one?

I thank people who give me CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM... ie: they like the concept, but point out how it can improve...

as far as the DC distribution deal, it's w/ a vendor who doesn't normally sell sports stuff... their specialty is anything "Washington"... as they have kiosks all over the malls and such... and btw, THEY said my logos were more marketable than the official ones... speaking of which, I'm working on several licensed vendor accounts, as well... some of whom have indicated their interest to sell mine along w/ the official gear. Whatever sells, is all they care about... official or not.

I thank people who give me CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM... ie: they like the concept, but point out how it can improve...

as far as the DC distribution deal, it's w/ a vendor who doesn't normally sell sports stuff... their specialty is anything "Washington"... as they have kiosks all over the malls and such... and btw, THEY said my logos were more marketable than the official ones... speaking of which, I'm working on several licensed vendor accounts, as well... some of whom have indicated their interest to sell mine along w/ the official gear. Whatever sells, is all they care about... official or not.

giving constructive criticism doesnt meen you LIKE it...

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

are you talking about those places that sell fake "Orange County Choppers", Grandma's Flock, and "Rats off to you!" shirts. (we'll see if anyone gets that last one :)) The ones next to the guy throwing a toy helicopter in the air all day? And on the other side of the guy trying to get women to put lotion on their hands?

You're bigger than I thought!

Well I think I've had enough of this petty bickering.

I can't help but notice but ever since Prologo put up his very first concept, a small few but very vocal individuals have done absolutely nothing but slag off almost every single idea and design he's put forward. I honestly don't know why he stays around here considering the amount of grief people seem to want to give him.

And what terrible shameful deed has he commited?

Well, I guess he just designed some sports logos and posted them to see what you guys think.

How dare he?! What is this world coming to?! How can we possibly go on with an enthusiast, friendly, and (I believe) talented, person like this moving in on our turf.

Christ guys, lay off the poor bastard for a change. It's getting kinda old now.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

if you make the logo exactly the same as the current logo and just change the colors i think it would be better than the real jersey

I'm sure some Broncos fan felt the same too...

the broncos situation is a little different. the broncos used a totally different logo than the one they had originally. in this case hes planning on using a similiar logo but used things just a little bit that i think and many others too, messed up the whole logo.

And about the lighthouse thing, the hotel is actually a lighthouse. it will be the biggest ever in the world. heres a site about it...

http://lighthouseli.com/

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Cash, why dont you take a little of your own medicine and shut the fluff up.

This guy came here, first off with the audacity to call himself "pro" logo. Then, he posted mediocre designs, that we told him were mediocre. He told us we were WRONG, and posted pages of garbage about made up IM conversations of folks lauding his work. He has taken suggestions horribly, all comments that say his work isn't quite right he either ignores or tells that person theya re wrong. Now he's trying to pass off clip art as his own.

Tell you what, cash... you can sit here and talk to him all you want. Personally, I dont think either of you have a thing worth reading. I'm done with both of you and your crap.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

are you talking about those places that sell fake "Orange County Choppers", Grandma's Flock, and "Rats off to you!" shirts.  (we'll see if anyone gets that last one :)

pcqd - Tom Goes to the Mayor, right?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

are you talking about those places that sell fake "Orange County Choppers", Grandma's Flock, and "Rats off to you!" shirts.  (we'll see if anyone gets that last one :)

pcqd - Tom Goes to the Mayor, right?

YES!!!!

"Ho ho ho! You need to look deep inside yourself and find that Christmas spirit. It's the season of magic, dear boy." "Uh ,okay, but how do I-" "HO HO HO!!!"

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Oh golly, the drama that spurns forth from a jersey concept. I know I am new here and all, but I am with the folks that say Prologo does not take the criticism well. Dude, how many posts have you put up here for this ONE jersey. It's like every time someone cracks on it, you go off and change it, or offer some kind of explanation as to why you did it. If you really believed in your concepts you would just thank everyone for their words and move on. If vendors are paying you for your work, what difference does our opinion really make anyway?

Relax dude. Drink a beer or something :-)

BTW, the logo looks like a knockoff. Like it would be the logo of a New York team in a video game not licensed by the NHL. Like Blades of Steel or something like that.

Archived