The Future of This Board

AAO

I'm just sitting at home because i have a no class period in school right now, and I was doing my homework and browsing through the boards and looking at some topics. I began to think, 5, 10 years from now what the status of this board will be. Will Chris still be running this site? Will there be as big an interest as there is now in Sports Logos and Design in general? Or Will it be even bigger? Or will the interest in Sports Logos and Design shrink to a smaller size? It'd be awesome, hopefully, if everything goes right, to be on this board in 2012 still talking to some of the regular posters around here, and the future posters just alike. Maybe i'd have a professional job in design making lots of money, maybe i won't be making lots of money. Maybe I'll be doing it as a hobby, still posting random concepts. I hope its still around 10 years from now, same URL and everything. Still Chris running the show. All I know is I wanna be around. It'll be awesome to look back on stuff, old concepts, other people's concepts, etc. This board has given me a lot. Just saying i appreciate it.

This thread can be closed if its a candidate for the graveyard. Just had to post it while I still had the thoughts running through my head.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've been hosting the same party for almost 8 years now, so 2012 isn't too much of a pipe dream for me.

The boards have been around since mid-1999, and a couple of posters have been along for all 6 years.

I plan on staying around for a long time.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

amen to that. this is the best community on earth for aspiring designers. in ten years, though, well, ill be twenty-nine, and thats the only thing im sure of at this point. im just going to see what happens.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

sweet. i got the response i wanted. nice job chris. ill be making donations as soon as i get my credit card. this thread can be closed.

There's no need to close the thread :)

[quote name=tempest' date=' Tuesday, January 18th, 2005 - 16:54:22

amen to that. this is the best community on earth for aspiring designers. in ten years, though, well, ill be twenty-nine, and thats the only thing im sure of at this point. im just going to see what happens.

YEAH! DON'T CLOSE MY THREAD! Haha i only suggested closing it cause i thought i was just day dreaming and made a random topic. but now i see it as beneficial..

sweet.  i got the response i wanted.  nice job chris.  ill be making donations as soon as i get my credit card.  this thread can be closed.

There's no need to close the thread :)

This might have been a first. The person who created the thread asking for it to be closed, and a moderator denying it. Wow. That's got to be a first! :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

By 2012, all of us will be bald and sterile.

And we still will not have stopped the motherf----ing Tickers...

--Roger "Time keeps on slipping...?" Clemente.

:censored: a bald 22yr old? i might end up looking like Brent Guerra (bald 22yr old player for St Kilda)

AAO, i hope your right in your first post....i want this place to last forever

mmm.....2012 i'd be taking holidays all the time, and designing stuff at night like i usually do but not every night.....i'd be married to a single woman(huh?) i'd be still playing Footy, Cricket and Basketball....i'd have been to the USA for a year.....i'd be starting to get a job or finishing university....i'd be drunk (that would happen anyway) i don't know what else should i add....i just hope that no kids appear, they'd ruin my life at 22

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

By 2012, all of us will be bald and sterile.

And we still will not have stopped the motherf----ing Tickers...

--Roger "Time keeps on slipping...?" Clemente.

:censored: a bald 22yr old? i might end up looking like Brent Guerra (bald 22yr old player for St Kilda)

AAO, i hope your right in your first post....i want this place to last forever

mmm.....2012 i'd be taking holidays all the time, and designing stuff at night like i usually do but not every night.....i'd be married to a single woman(huh?) i'd be still playing Footy, Cricket and Basketball....i'd have been to the USA for a year.....i'd be starting to get a job or finishing university....i'd be drunk (that would happen anyway) i don't know what else should i add....i just hope that no kids appear, they'd ruin my life at 22

I'm 22 as we speak... life is basically the same as it was when I was your age

except...

Replace school with work

Replace free time with no free time

and finally...

Replace money with nothing (and chicks for free)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

And Tank will be approaching 50,000 post.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Archived