Argonauts... new logo to come?

appleclock

Well, I know many of you loved the boat-man (AKA Classic Greek Warrior). Personally, I think it was good. Not my favorite.

The part that bothers me is the space between his hand and the shield. For the longest time, I thought it was a handle, like he was holding the shield. Why would a shield have a handle coming out of its side? Anyway. I hope the football-ship is decent, because I remember liking that logo when I was young.

cflhed_argos.gif

It's sad to see the passing of the boatman warrior. A really well-done logo, and well-implemented to boot.

And, while I'm here, a slight discrepancy to report. I own a 1997 Starter replica Argos jersey. The colors on it are most definitely not navy and teal, but navy and light/powder blue. In other words, my jersey appears to have the true "double blue" scheme, with silver added in. (And yeah, it's a beauty.) In fact, for quite a while I though the appearance of teal in pics and videos of the Argos in action was simply a case of the color not translating well over film/video. But I suppose it's best to take the T.O. resident's word that it was, in fact, teal.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, odd that. I'm never thought of the secondary blue on my Argonaut jersey as teal either. I always thought it was powder blue or perhaps sky blue. Teal has more green in it as far as I can remember. The secondary blue is considerably lighter than Navy with no real ting of green that I can tell.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

Well, I know many of you loved the boat-man (AKA Classic Greek Warrior). Personally, I think it was good. Not my favorite.

The part that bothers me is the space between his hand and the shield. For the longest time, I thought it was a handle, like he was holding the shield. Why would a shield have a handle coming out of its side?

Actually, the warrior is holding the shield with his OTHER hand.

I saw, I came, I left.

This is the newer "boat" secondary that I was referring to. I never understood why the Argos didn't make more use of this logo in conjunction with the Argonaut/Warrior primary.

0774143.gif

I think that the Argonaut/Warrior logo as the primary, with this boat logo as the secondary is a damned fine identity package.

I like the football ship logo--but this one is nice as well--I prefer profile logos on football helmats--so I'm not sure on the helmet--but it would make a great endzone logo!

I would have gone with the Argonaut/Warrior/Boatman on the helmets and this logo - without the wordmarks - as a sleeve patch (sleeve numbers would have been moved to the shoulders).

This is the newer "boat" secondary that I was referring to. I never understood why the Argos didn't make more use of this logo in conjunction with the Argonaut/Warrior primary.

0774143.gif

I think that the Argonaut/Warrior logo as the primary, with this boat logo as the secondary is a damned fine identity package.

I like the football ship logo--but this one is nice as well--I prefer profile logos on football helmats--so I'm not sure on the helmet--but it would make a great endzone logo!

I would have gone with the Argonaut/Warrior/Boatman on the helmets and this logo - without the wordmarks - as a sleeve patch (sleeve numbers would have been moved to the shoulders).

yeah, that's the ticket...

it would look great on the shoulder...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived