AZ Cardinals logo to change soon?

AZCRAZY

Hey Pantone, went on a tour of the construction of the new Cardinal Stadium yesterday, and all I can say is this baby is going to be BEEEEEEEEAUTIFUL. I would say one of the best stadiums in the country when it opens.

lilg,

What is going to be the seating capacity at the new stadium? Sounds like they are going to have a beautiful half empty stadium. A new Stadium might help draw larger crowds for a year or two, but the people of Arizona just do not seem to be avid NFL fans (at least Cardinal fans). Will they be back to 35,000 a game after the novelty wears off? I hope this isn't a beautiful white elephant sitting empty in a few years.

Hey Pantone, went on a tour of the construction of the new Cardinal Stadium yesterday, and all I can say is this baby is going to be BEEEEEEEEAUTIFUL.  I would say one of the best stadiums in the country when it opens.

lilg,

What is going to be the seating capacity at the new stadium? Sounds like they are going to have a beautiful half empty stadium. A new Stadium might help draw larger crowds for a year or two, but the people of Arizona just do not seem to be avid NFL fans (at least Cardinal fans). Will they be back to 35,000 a game after the novelty wears off? I hope this isn't a beautiful white elephant sitting empty in a few years.

Listening to people here in the valley on the radio lately, we are one of the biggest NFL fans there is, but let me ask you, when you have a continuous losers like the Cardinals, do you think we would support them? We just want better football. Sun Devil Stadium is one of the worse stadiums I have ever been to for an NFL game. But right now, looking at the Cards', in 2006 they will have a great team to go to the new stadium. So when the novelty wears off, I think people will still go.

Relax and take a deep breath. My intention was not to knock the fans of Arizona... I understand that bad teams lead to bad fan following. My inquiry was legitimate. I guess the problem is there is no track record that says it would change with a better team. Other than my hometown Bills The team I am most fanatic about is the Cardinals. I have always been a Cardinals Fan, going back to the Jim Hart, Terry Metcalfe St. Louis days. I hated when they moved to Arizona, because now that they are on the Left Coast, I'm lucky if I get to see a game or two all season. From the outside looking in it doesn't appear that the Cardinals have ever been appreciated and as a pretty avid Cardinal Fan I thinks it's a shame.

But right now, looking at the Cards', in 2006 they will have a great team to go to the new stadium.

The Cardinals still need a franchise QB and RB. Two good young receivers and an improving defense is promising. The Cardinals should take a good look at Travis Henry from the Bills. And definitely, Shaun Alexander or Edgerrin James if the Seahawks and Colts don't franchise tag them.

But right now, looking at the Cards', in 2006 they will have a great team to go to the new stadium.

The Cardinals still need a franchise QB and RB. Two good young receivers and an improving defense is promising. The Cardinals should take a good look at Travis Henry from the Bills. And definitely, Shaun Alexander or Edgerrin James if the Seahawks and Colts don't franchise tag them.

actually, The Cardinals were looking into trading for Travis Henry, but everything fell through. I actually don't mind Josh McCown. He shows alot of promise, but Dennis Green, and his experimenting with different quarterbacks is what hurts us. If he would of just stuck with Josh McCown Cards would of been 2 games better at 7-9. But that's my opinion. Defense I will agree, in a year or 2, we will be a good team. But your right I do think that we will be a Runningback away via draft, or free angency. And no worries about chilling out, never took it as an insult, just sticking up for the city of Phoenix :D.

Archived