Southampton voting for new shirt

Saintsfan

wow... i just realized something......

i must be pretty secure in my manhood, if 2 of my favorite soccer teams are blackburn and hearts....

how many north american teams have either a heart or a red rose as their primary logo?  :blink:

if portland ever gets an NHL team, there's a good chance they'd consider working a rose in. and although it's a game instead of a team, the Rose Bowl. teams will sometimes work a rose or the Rose Bowl logo into either their uniforms or helmet logo (Wisconisn, UCLA, Purdue, Washington State, Michigan and more I don't feel like listing)

edit: just remembered...one of the jerseys the old KC Monarchs wore had a blue heart on the left sleeve. I know the Royals have worn this particular jersey at least once.

eff-kcm42h.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It's not North America, but the England rugby squad wears roses on their shirts. And those lads are pretty tough.... :P

I like the new Hearts home kit, but agree that the change strip is naff. bad enough that Nike does that, now Reebok has to stick all its teams in one single ugly change kit.

So if Southampton is changing, wonder what Newcastle will do?

I'm a Sunderland fan and I hope they get promoted to the Premiership for next year. Since their kit is almost identical to Southhampton, they will also need a new back. Why can't the Premier League just require a decently wide contrasting border on the number? I'm guessing an inch or more. That should provide for readable numbers over stripes, hoops or checks (hello, Croatia). Guess I should order my replica Sunderland shirt before they go up.

• 2 months later...

Huzzah. Good to see that worked out.

Blackburn's red numbers are decidedly ugly, btw. At least, that's what I think. I love the half-and-half concept, and I understand they have to use a third colour, but I don't like it. Then again, the execution on their jerseys leaves a lot to be desired, the little pieces around the shoulders and such just look sloppy.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Huzzah.  Good to see that worked out.

Blackburn's red numbers are decidedly ugly, btw.  At least, that's what I think.  I love the half-and-half concept, and I understand they have to use a third colour, but I don't like it.  Then again, the execution on their jerseys leaves a lot to be desired, the little pieces around the shoulders and such just look sloppy.

Then what do you prefer as the colour of the numbers? One blue one white? :) amd that about the letters?

I saw, I came, I left.

Huzzah. Good to see that worked out.

Blackburn's red numbers are decidedly ugly, btw. At least, that's what I think. I love the half-and-half concept, and I understand they have to use a third colour, but I don't like it. Then again, the execution on their jerseys leaves a lot to be desired, the little pieces around the shoulders and such just look sloppy.

i like the red numbers..... those colors together remind me of the old nordiques... true bright royal blue and white, with red...

and i personally really like the design of the kits this season.... they've had some real ugly ones in recent years, and i think the new ones look great.

only thing i would change would be the shorts... they should be white, like tradition dictates. blue shorts on blackburn just doesn't look right to me.

Then what do you prefer as the colour of the numbers? One blue one white? :) amd that about the letters?

Don't get me wrong, I understand why they're red. I just think they look ugly.

Y'know what shirt I really want? Norwich City's two-tone green away shirt. That's just hot.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived