Lenny Wilkens no more....

jrodsep

Ahh, look at the talent, or lack thereof, he has to work with.

NY is 2 major players away from being a title contender.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

It's hard thought - the team plays no defense, and eve in the East, it's hard to be a .500 team with no defense. No sooner was Wilkens' resignation announced that the New York sports DJ's started talking about Phil Jackson taking up residence in the garden and taking on his biggest challenge yet: Making the Knicks a winner. You know what? I'd like to see it happen.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

It's hard thought - the team plays no defense, and eve in the East, it's hard to be a .500 team with no defense. No sooner was Wilkens' resignation announced that the New York sports DJ's started talking about Phil Jackson taking up residence in the garden and taking on his biggest challenge yet: Making the Knicks a winner. You know what? I'd like to see it happen.

Haven't thought of that possibility. I would love to see Phil back on the side with his NY Knicks.

Phil Jackson taking up residence in the garden and taking on his biggest challenge yet: Making the Knicks a winner. You know what? I'd like to see it happen.

I don't see that happening, especially not this year.

True....Phil likes challenges, but the Knicks are years away from bringing Phil another championship. Look at his track record. He agrees to coach the teams that are talented enough to win titles (Chicago, LA). Taking the Knicks job would be like Emmit Smith playing for the Cardinals. :rolleyes:

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Ahh, look at the talent, or lack thereof, he has to work with.

NY is 2 major players away from being a title contender.

The mid-nineties Chicago Bulls would say that any team is 2 major players away from being a dynasty.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Phil Jackson likes challenges? The guy just hops from stacked team to stacked team.

Agreed. I'd say Phil Jackson was better at balancing egos (until very late in LA) than he was at coaching. His teams were most certainly loaded.

Although the Knicks probably are the most talented team in their division. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah Phil has not gone for any challenegs he has only gone where the talent was in place, it will be nice to see him build a team for once rather then taking a team that is already built and ready to roll.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Phil Jackson likes challenges?  The guy just hops from stacked team to stacked team.

Agreed. I'd say Phil Jackson was better at balancing egos (until very late in LA) than he was at coaching. His teams were most certainly loaded.

Although the Knicks probably are the most talented team in their division. ^_^

Like the Knicks couldn't use some ego-balancing? They're 1-8 since Marbury called himself the best point guard in the NBA, and him and Crawford are huge ball hogs. They lost a game to Houston last night, cause with 10 seconds to go and 1 point lead, the two of them decided to pass the ball back and forth each other rather than attempt to score again. They got a shot clock violation, and Houston won the game 93-92 at the buzzer. So if Phil is really good at smoothing out egos? He's got a situation that desperately needs it right in front of him.

All I said is that coaching the Knicks would be his biggest challenge yet, and that's regardless of the fact he ain't known for taking on challenges.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Archived