New York Titans Logo

Pharos04

Hey all, this is my first time posting and would like to say how awesome of a forum this is and such. I came up with this thought while watching an old AFL Films show on ESPN. What if the NY Jets had stayed the NY Titans back in the early days of the AFL? and i thought what if the logo had changed to go along with it? Now please be patient what with the fact all i have to work with is MSN Paint but i think it came out alright. Please post opinions and feel free to pick me apart with this as much as possible. Hopefully the image will show

Titans.PNG

thanks for your input. and be gentle, it's my first time :D

Edit: Alright i finally got around to finding a template that i can work with using my limited abilities and was able to make up some uniforms, both home and away. Lemmie know what you think

Titans_Home.PNGTitans_Away.PNG

I like the concept.

But it also brings up the question, What would Tennessee be named now?

they still would have moved to tennesse, but they would probablly have stayed with oilers, or gone with copperheads (which i think was a wicked idea).

I like the concept.

But it also brings up the question, What would Tennessee be named now?

i don't think they'd change the name of the state just because a football team moved there......or would they?

Footballtopia Titans

Pigskinia Titans

Firstandtennessee Titans

oh...you meant the team's name!

What they might've done is become something like the Tennessee Hounddogs or the Nashville Hounddogs. Like that possible Memphis Expansion that never happened. Personally i don't like the Copperheads cause it sounds more like a snake-type team and that copper-bronze helmet design just looked blah to me. Didn't like it at all

Thanks B-Rich. Yeah those are all pretty cool. But the one i came up with was just a thought i had and decided to go with it. And of course wanted you guys' opinions. as for the Snake name thing, (Copperheads) i dunno, i just don't see it fitting in with the current NFL teams. All the other names seem to speak about a significant historical basis (Patriots, Steelers, 49ers) or some dynamic animal that represents speed, power, swiftness and even fear (Panthers, Falcons, Eagles, etc). Seeing something associated with a snake though..i dunno just doesn't seem to fit in. And I just see it as the team would've been like the outcast of the teams in the public's eye. C'mon in the Super Bowl who would've you rooted for? The St. Louis Rams or the Tennessee Copperheads (hiss) lol. i dunno, just a little personal thing i got i guess. But maybe i'll try to come up with a primary for a Tennessee Copperheads that goes away from the Derrick (unless THAT's already been done too )

man i just attempted to try to make a possible uniform for it that is based off the current Jets uniform and....it's coming out looking like the Rams before they recently updated theirs to the blue and gold...frankly it scared me

Archived