MLB/NBA Fonts

markanthony

Anyone interested in seeing there names emulated in their favorate team names?

I have been creating true type fonts for NBA and MLB with FONTLAB for the past two years and finally finished them....I am a little hesitant to fully release them however I am trying to guage how in demand they are...

I will be starting NFL and NHL this year wish me luck....I hope to have available for everyone soon....Its a touchy issue releasing something that has taken so long to but I want to let others use them as well.....But I know, like software, how fast things spread.....but for now, if anyone has requests, I wouldnt mind generating them for you....

The problems with the fonts are the fact that many of the logos or jerseys are multiple colors/multiple outlines etc....(TRUE TYPE FONTS ARE BLACK)thats why Im working on a template software that with will allow the user to easily type the text and the software will automatically generate all the colors/outlines etc...The biggest problem so far in the template scripts are aligning tails that follow and underline the team names. For now I have been generating it all manually.

I operate a jersey marking company in Japan and accept orders for jerseys that emulate MLB/NBA teams in my customers team names(ie. YOKOHAMA in the BREWERS font) We even have the capability to laser cut applique cloth and actually stitch the cloth to replicate the team name. (I would never produce the actual team logo)

I hope to expand to the American market soon....

Welcome to the board.....and also welcome your fonts here as well!!I know they would be very well recieved and appreciated by all of designers here on the board.

You can pre-cut tackle twill into letters and numbers I'm guessing??Well....I make custom jerseys but have to cut all letters and numbers by hand so it takes FOREVER!!So I may be in contact with you very soon about having letters and numbers made.

98Falcons.png

Welcome aboard...and I'd be VERY interested in using these fonts once they're all set....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Welcome man, I know I'd be interested as well!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

heres a sample of the fonts.......

I am still in the marketing phase of the project in Japan. When orders die down I will release them for free. In the mean time, If anyone just needes names generated, I would be happy to do so free of charge(provided they are for non commercial use). I also have great output onto vinyl, full color decals and tackle twill(send me your jersey Ill stitch it too.) If anyone has any cool ideas let me know, I am looking for ventures anywhere. I am sure the designers here understand the scope of what it takes to build fonts for every team, NBA, MLB, uppercase, lowercase, numbers, accents. So I hope I dont offend anyone by not just letting people download them...they will be available soon...Its taken me two years and countless changes to finally get them. I cant just let them go without making a little money off them first(which is going quite well). Contact me if you are interested in a direct purchase. I have the fonts available for all current 2005 teams including Washington. Personally my favaorate fonts are the Brewers and the Indians script....I have them in .AI file or True Type fonts. I prefer .AI. for some reason when I generate the true type font, when typed and outlined to curves, it makes extra nodes on the lines. Does anyone know why this happens. It doent affect the image, it really only affects the speed of output like a vinyl cutter or something.

Heres a sample of the fonts....the ai files contain the font, a sample color logo(for color reference) and jersey templates....here is a GIF for quick preview...

indiansprofile.gif

Wow. Incredible job. Your fonts will be a tremendous research upon completion.

Are the numbers part of it too? You have the wrong 2 for Cleveland...it has a horizonal bar in the middle of it (like a digital 2), not a diagonal stroke as you have it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

that is really awesome. i would love to own your business and be able to make all my own jerseys. and they would actually fit!

jp is correct on the two. dont they use the standard mlb block font?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived